Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ok now we are down who stays who goes?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Stumpy Tim said:
Insults aside, Badger does have a good argument. I think many people on NSC do say things to keep Race happy - nothing against Guy or Race, but I think it's true. Case in point - a number of people have said that Guy's days as a player are numbered, but that he should be offered a job coaching. So why Guy & not Albion LEGEND's like Chippy & Mayo?

:clap: :clap: :clap:

mayo for a coaching role

i find it hardly offensive being called a 'cock on tour', although i do find it a rather witty adaptation of the name croc. so well done there

however, i do not believe badger has been out of line here. this is a thread about players you would keep and not keep for next season, and he is merely stating his opinion on who should stay and go. this is to be expected in a thread of this nature, so for you to have a go at him for merely saying he thinks butters should go is pretty bloody stupid. if he is a cock for moaning about players that he doesnt want, then are the people who are saying henderson is shit cocks as well? are those who abuse mccammons cocks? are those who want mcghee out cocks? everyone has differeing opinions, and just because someone has a different opinion it doesn't mean they are trying to 'impress their little mates'. that is the beauty of these messageboards and football in general, there is virtually no-one who shares exactly the same views

anyway, with regards to the players for next year:

Hart - 2 years. adaptable, will be decent in leauge one
Mayo - 1 year. has proven to be a decent holding midfielder in his 2 games in that position, and can obviously play left back, where we have issues, especially with lynch possibly leaving
Oatway - 1 year. we have missed him massively since boxing day, and i dont think anyone realised quite how much we would. he is the sides natural leader, and the sooner he is back the better. this time last season i never thought i would be saying this, but give him a year and see how he does
Carpenter - release. with the youngsters coming through, we dont need him. a great player in his day, but now past it
Mcphee - with our lack of goalscorer, could be useful. give him the 3 month deal hammond was on, and see how he does
Guy - 1 year or pay-as-you-play. possibly on a reduced wage, nobody knows how these youngsters we have signed will perform next year. if they prove not to be up to it, butters is there to step into the fold
McCammon - again, lack of goalscorer, has scored at that level. maybe worth 3 months
Nicolas - just hasn't done the business. release

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Ladies/Gents .. lets all be a bit tactile here .. its the morning after we have just been relegated and we are discussing the livelyhoods of people here.. .Lets not forget the players do read this and it must hurt them no end especially after yesterday .Yes the facts are there to see but lets have a bit of tact and try not to provoke too many arguments and sniping of one another .

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
ditchy said:
Ladies/Gents .. lets all be a bit tactile here .. its the morning after we have just been relegated and we are discussing the livelyhoods of people here.. .Lets not forget the players do read this and it must hurt them no end especially after yesterday .Yes the facts are there to see but lets have a bit of tact and try not to provoke too many arguments and sniping of one another .

tactile?

What does that mean?

Do you mean tactful, or does that mean the same thing?

ditchy

Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Dies Irae said:
tactile?

What does that mean?

Do you mean tactful, or does that mean the same thing?

My English is not good .. i read the Sun !

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
ditchy said:

Not being funny but we need to be more ruthless. DK fcuked up the contracts last time and we need to be planning for next season ASAP. There ain't no time for sentiment

ditchy

Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Normandy seagull said:
Not being funny but we need to be more ruthless. DK fcuked up the contracts last time and we need to be planning for next season ASAP. There ain't no time for sentiment

Nothing against that .. just the way we go about it .. now is not the time in my opinion

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
I can't believe people on here actually expect us to release up to ten players when we know full well we have no money to sign replacements, let alone improvements.

Before the youth team angle gets thrown at me. Not all of them were offered 2 or 3 year contracts and it's yet to be seen which will make it as regular first team fixtures. As I've said on another thread it is not likely they are ready for, or that McGhee is naive enough to throw them into first team football.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Race said:
If you mean you and the 'cocks on tour' being the great number of people then we've got nothing to worry about, because in the main you lot get the digs in. Didnt see you piping up after Saturdays game with praise, only ever happens after a loss, what a shock.

Sounds like you're a bit paranoid to me.
Personally, I think Butters can do a job next year in the league below, but i think he lacks the fitness to be playing 40 odd games a season in the Championship.

That is NOT a 'dig', that is my opinion, just as Fragmented Badger has expressed his.
But talking about us being 'cocks' - why is that? Because both him and Kaney have been open in their thoughts. It seems to me as if you are out to get anyone with 'Crocs in Tour' in their signature! I'm 100% sure their not the only ones with similar feelings to Fragmented Badger regarding Butters, as i've spoken to other people at games who have disagreed with my thoughts that he is still good enough. Just because they have an opinion, it really doesn't make them 'cocks' - perhaps ignorant, but there is little point in getting worked up and laying into people on an Internet messageboard, where pretty much everyone has an opinion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here