Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ok now we are down who stays who goes?

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Problem is this has been one of our weakess areas all season, getting rid of the few that can compete (he has struggled with injuries) wont help. We dont have the money to replace with better alternatives.

I'd get rid of Mcphee and McGammon. No doubt we'll loose McShane and GNW.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Fragmented Badger said:
Well we agree on Nicolas, McCammon, and Carpenter - they should all go. McPhee, although you have a point, will not be here next season. I agree with you that we should keep Oatway (I forgot he was out of contract actually). That brings the debate down to Mayo, Butters, and Dodd. Right, Mayo - he is way too slow, inconsistent, and anonymous in matches for my liking - get rid. Butters you claim we should keep for experience and height - well my idea if how about we SIGN a centre back (aged around 27-30) who is proven at L1 level, but can actually run and jump still. Then Dodd, yeah fair enough he's a decent player, but you can't really justify keeping a bloke who has been injured all season. Pay as you play seems decent enough, but would he agree to it?

Although it sounds quite dramatic to say we are "getting rid of half the team," many of those are squad players who rarely get involved. Of the combined wages of ALL those players, we could sign one centre back, two central midfielders, and a striker. None of them need to be world beaters, just proven L1 players.

The other big point about next season, in my opinion, is that we will find it so much easier to attract players. At that level, we are a reasonably attractive proposition to a player - compared to say Scunthorpe or Chesterfield. That wipes out the excuse McGhee has used all year - that noone will come here. Time for a mass overhaul of this squad methinks:clap:
I don't think Nicolas SHOULD go, I think he will. I rate him.

Mayo, he's not too slow in League One. In League One he is a good left back. He can also put in a decent shift in midfield. Maybe not ideal as a first choice in either position, but a good squad member.

Butters, well I'd agree with you and release him IF we signed someone with a bit of experience and height, I'm working on the basis that we're not going to be spending a lot of money on anyone really. Although Danny Cullip doesn't get a game at Forest. Would fit the bill. Someone of his type.

With Dodd I think you can justify it, we have no natural right backs (other than Paul Hinshelwood?). I don't know if he'd accept a pay as you play deal, I'm just specualting as to what I tihnk we should offer.

We will find it easier to attract players (although the likes of Forest, Bristol City, Swansea, possibly Bradford are as or more attractice) but that does not mean we will be signing four or five.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
This thing about Nicolas is puzzling.

All these people that seem to rate him,how much of him have you seen?

The reason i ask is because ive NEVER seen him play,so i wouldnt be able to comment on weather he's worht a new contact or not.

Fair enough i dont get to all the games these days,but is it a coincidence that the one i miss are the ones he plays?

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Fragmented Badger said:

It's funny you should mention Cullip - I was thinking exactly the same thing earlier. How much do you reckon it would cost to get him back down here? Would certainly be a BIG improvement on Butters, and he has the leadership we have so obviously lacked since his departure.

Every other post you are sniping at Butters, does it make you feel good or something, who are you trying to impress?! You've had plenty to say about how easy it is going to be, getting rid of everyone and bringing in this player and that. Save your big talk for your little mates cos I bet they are WELL impressed.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
junior said:
This thing about Nicolas is puzzling.

All these people that seem to rate him,how much of him have you seen?

The reason i ask is because ive NEVER seen him play,so i wouldnt be able to comment on weather he's worht a new contact or not.

Fair enough i dont get to all the games these days,but is it a coincidence that the one i miss are the ones he plays?

The thing is he was better than chippy in his two starts.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If you look at the strengths and weaknesses of the side this season, the central defensive pairing has been one of the positives. The full backs have been skinned too often, and we should address this area first.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
El Presidente said:
If you look at the strengths and weaknesses of the side this season, the central defensive pairing has been one of the positives. The full backs have been skinned too often, and we should address this area first.

A f***ing LEFT BACK IS NEEDED AND HAS BEEN SINCE THE SUMMER.

cough

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Fragmented Badger said:

Oh and you don't have to be patronising every time you post: my "little" mates - who the f*** are you to call my mates little??

Cor you are hard, can I join your gang please mister.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Fragmented Badger said:
What a load of bollocks. Today we have been relegated, hence it's fair to say there may be one or two weaknesses within our club. As a FOOTBALL FAN, I have my right to complain and air my opinions on this public forum, even if they are not very positive at this exact moment. I would do just the opposite if I felt the things up for debate tonight were worth praising. I have not singled Butters out, there are 6-7 players I would be looking to release in order to freshen the squad up. Maybe if you can't cope with not having EVERY single poster on here worshipping you, you shouldn't read? It seems to me like he gets a fair bit of stick at Withdean, yet because of you none whatsoever on here - do I deserve to have you whinging at me all the time just because I dare to say what I think? Funnily enough, I think it's pretty reasonable on a FANS board???

Oh and you don't have to be patronising every time you post: my "little" mates - who the f*** are you to call my mates little??

As a football fan you also boast on here about abusing the the players and calling them wankers during the game, so you are one fan the club could probably do without.

Oooo and you've used the F word, I'm sure thats impressed them even more. :thumbsup:

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Cant be bothered to read through the whole thread but i dont think butters or chippy should be given new contracts. Oatway given another year (even though hes probably got a job for life here!). Cant fault chippy or butters for effort or service to this club, both have been superb during their time here and played vital roles in the success of this club in recent years but im afraid its time for some fresh input. Forgot about mayo, he should be given one year unless we can find a better lb, which hopefully we will as we have desperately needed one all year!

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Fragmented Badger said:
Well we agree on Nicolas, McCammon, and Carpenter - they should all go. McPhee, although you have a point, will not be here next season. I agree with you that we should keep Oatway (I forgot he was out of contract actually). That brings the debate down to Mayo, Butters, and Dodd. Right, Mayo - he is way too slow, inconsistent, and anonymous in matches for my liking - get rid. Butters you claim we should keep for experience and height - well my idea if how about we SIGN a centre back (aged around 27-30) who is proven at L1 level, but can actually run and jump still. Then Dodd, yeah fair enough he's a decent player, but you can't really justify keeping a bloke who has been injured all season. Pay as you play seems decent enough, but would he agree to it?

Although it sounds quite dramatic to say we are "getting rid of half the team," many of those are squad players who rarely get involved. Of the combined wages of ALL those players, we could sign one centre back, two central midfielders, and a striker. None of them need to be world beaters, just proven L1 players.

The other big point about next season, in my opinion, is that we will find it so much easier to attract players. At that level, we are a reasonably attractive proposition to a player - compared to say Scunthorpe or Chesterfield. That wipes out the excuse McGhee has used all year - that noone will come here. Time for a mass overhaul of this squad methinks:clap:

Just read through the thread and that is a top post imo.:clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here