Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ok now we are down who stays who goes?

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
The out of contract players must be fearing the worst. Keep Harty, lose the rest

Last edited:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Hart - 2 years
Mayo - 1 year
Butters - 1 year
Oatway - 1 year
Dodd - 1 year pay as you play
Carpenter - Goodbye. :(
Mcphee - 3 months, unless we can sign GNW or A.N. Other.
McCammon - f*** off.
Nicolas - Would like him to stay, not going to happen though.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
I'd like Nicolas to stay, but the poor guy just hasnt really been given a chance, The Trollley can F**k off, i think Mcphee will go, not sure about dodd,

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Normandy seagull said:
surely your joking re Mcpee

Nope. Did well last time we were in League One, has occasionally shown glimpses of being good since then although not enough.

I'd keep him as if we don't sign someone we're going to be shorthanded.

CKR (not going to spearhead the attack)
Robinson (currently injured)
Gatting (unproven)
Turienzo (injury prone, unknown quantity)
Hart (not really a striker)

There is little experience of track record there. I think Robinson and Gatting will come good (if given the chance) but it's not really enough in terms of numbers of experience.

Last edited:

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Silent Bob said:
Nope. Did well last time we were in League One, has occasionally shown glimpses of being good since then although not enough.

Did well? He scored 4 goals. Wouldnt call that doing well

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Fragmented Badger said:
You, my friend, epitomise exactly what is wrong with this club in my opinion. However bad we are, it seems like such a cosy set-up, which is virtually impossible to be released from. Once someone's feet are under the table, we seem to just keep them for years regardless of current form - simply because they have been "good servants." Apart from Gary Hart, there is no justification for keeping ANY of those players on.
Of course there is justification.

Mayo - Decent player at that level.

Butters - Well look at the difference between Southampton and Ipswich. Alright he's OLD and SLOW, but if you get rid of him you're left without an experienced defender or a defender with any HEIGHT, which will be a problem against some of the big cloggers in League One.

Oatway - Never been his biggest fan but we have missed him desperately since his injury. A case of you don't realise what you've got until it's gone.

Dodd - Experienced, a leader, and a natural fullback. Three things we lack. Not to mention a classy player. Just have to hope he stays fit, hence pay as you play.

McPhee - simply to provide a body up front and played well last time we were in League One.

Nicolas - I rate him, would've liked him to play more of a part this season and would like him to stay. Purely fantasy of course, he's on his way.

McCammon wouldn't stay even if we wanted to keep him. Carpenter has been a good servant, used to be a good player but isn't anymore.

This is working on the basis that we are not suddenly going to be splashing the cash on half a new squad. But you are entitled to your opinion and if you think we should get rid of half the team then good luck to you. ???

Last edited:

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
Fragmented Badger said:
Well we agree on Nicolas, McCammon, and Carpenter - they should all go. McPhee, although you have a point, will not be here next season. I agree with you that we should keep Oatway (I forgot he was out of contract actually). That brings the debate down to Mayo, Butters, and Dodd. Right, Mayo - he is way too slow, inconsistent, and anonymous in matches for my liking - get rid. Butters you claim we should keep for experience and height - well my idea if how about we SIGN a centre back (aged around 27-30) who is proven at L1 level, but can actually run and jump still. Then Dodd, yeah fair enough he's a decent player, but you can't really justify keeping a bloke who has been injured all season. Pay as you play seems decent enough, but would he agree to it?

Although it sounds quite dramatic to say we are "getting rid of half the team," many of those are squad players who rarely get involved. Of the combined wages of ALL those players, we could sign one centre back, two central midfielders, and a striker. None of them need to be world beaters, just proven L1 players.

The other big point about next season, in my opinion, is that we will find it so much easier to attract players. At that level, we are a reasonably attractive proposition to a player - compared to say Scunthorpe or Chesterfield. That wipes out the excuse McGhee has used all year - that noone will come here. Time for a mass overhaul of this squad methinks:clap:

this man talks a lot of sense:clap:

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Has to be a clear out

Mayo free
Dodd Free
Harty 2 years
Oatway 2 years
Mcphee free to ringmer
Dodd retire
Butters unsure
Hinsh 3 years
Booker go
white go
trolley f*** off
kuipers free transfer
chippy free transfer

Get out most of the high wage earners and get in players that will bled blue and white for the stripes

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here