Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ok chaps...well done for promotion

HTFC2011

Apr 14, 2011
Huddersfield
now all you need to do is lay down for us when we play you :facepalm:

Well deserved for promotion, you've been incredible this season.

Hope to visit your new stadium :albion1:

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
It's not going to happen. Gus is on record saying still wants to achieve 100+ points. Good luck for 2nd or in the play-offs. :thumbsup:

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
It's not going to happen. Gus is on record saying still wants to achieve 100+ points. Good luck for 2nd or in the play-offs. :thumbsup:

He also said he wants to give the fringe players a run out for a couple of games to see how they are progressing...

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Hope you guys take second place at the expense of the SCC.
Personally I wouldn't mind us winning against Walsall, Colchester, SCC and Notts County and losing the one game against Huddersfield - that way we would still achieve 100 points and help keep the SCC down to be beaten by Rochdale in the play-offs!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Hope you guys take second place at the expense of the SCC.
Personally I wouldn't mind us winning against Walsall, Colchester, SCC and Notts County and losing the one game against Huddersfield - that way we would still achieve 100 points and help keep the SCC down to be beaten by Rochdale in the play-offs!

Are you insane? I want to finish on an unbeaten home record!!

HTFC2011

Apr 14, 2011
Huddersfield
I think we're going to crumble in these last few games as we always do and end up in play-offs, we must improve if we get in play-offs after last seasons antics against Millwall

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
and losing the one game against Huddersfield - that way we would still achieve 100 points

What about our very last game at Withdean. Surely we want to win it and maintain our unbeaten record for the season (assuming we don't lose to Southampton).

I really don't understand this losing to HTFC thing - we should be going out to win every game even if it means the inevitable for SCC.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Thanks and good luck with the fight for second, although I sincerely hope you can do it without the aid of three points at Withdean. I've got a feeling Bristol Rovers may just give you a helping hand this weekend.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
You can have a point (1 more than Soton will get) if you ask nicely, but I don't want to see us give up our unbeaten record at the last opportunity.

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
I think you'll finish second. Very good chance Southampton will fail to beat Bristol Rovers at the weekend and will come unstuck away at Brentford. Assuming you both lose at Withdean, we'll still see you at Falmer next year.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
We actually still have THREE goals;

1. Champions
2. 100+ points
3. Unbeaten home record.

However if we could construe a home draw against HTFC in order to keep SCC out (1978 and all that), we'd all feel pretty smug wouldn't we?

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
We actually still have THREE goals;

1. Champions
2. 100+ points
3. Unbeaten home record.

However if we could construe a home draw against HTFC in order to keep SCC out (1978 and all that), we'd all feel pretty smug wouldn't we?

No.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Are you insane? I want to finish on an unbeaten home record!!

For everything that we will remember this season for (the away hammerings of Charlton & Peterborough, Tuesday night, winning the league, making Atkins look like a twat), do you really think being unbeaten at home means that much? It's not like its a home and away record like Arsenal did a few years ago.

I think it would be fitting if it pisses it down and we lose in the last game at Withdean, and we can all stand there, ponchos on, reminding ourselves how happy we are to be saying goodbye. And if that could help Southampton stay down as well...

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I think it would be fitting if it pisses it down and we lose in the last game at Withdean, and we can all stand there, ponchos on, reminding ourselves how happy we are to be saying goodbye. And if that could help Southampton stay down as well...

And boo the team off as well.

HTFC2011

Apr 14, 2011
Huddersfield
Remaining games we have left: Charlton (A), MK Dons (A), Daggers (H), Brighton (A), Brentford (H)

None easy really

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here