Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ok chaps...well done for promotion

Mickey Pearce's Hat

Apr 14, 2011
I think we're going to crumble in these last few games as we always do and end up in play-offs, we must improve if we get in play-offs after last seasons antics against Millwall

To be fair you were up against a very organised side and your young players had to face 15,000 fired up Millwall fans under the lights at The Den. I think that experience will help you immensely should you have to go through the play-offs again. After facing us last year I hardly think the likes of London Road, Spotland, Dean Court, Brisbane Road, St Mary's or stadium:mk will hold any fears for the Huddersfield Town players this time out.

I'd fancy you to win the Play-offs this time out.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Heres hoping HTFC2011....well sort of

I will not want us to lose when we play you, thats not natural. But if at the end of the season, we're champions and you are second due to the fact you beat us at ours......(and thus depriving saints :cry:)

Well I don't think I'd be to upset, I think I could get over it :laugh:

Mickey Pearce's Hat

Apr 14, 2011
I remember in 1988 we had clinched not only promotion to the Top Flight, but also the title at Hull City in the last but one game.

The last game of the season was at fortress Den. Where we had been strong all season. We were playing Blackburn, who were vying with Palace for the last Play-Off spot on the last day.

We lost 4-1. The Millwall players were clearly still hung over or even drunk. And the capacity Den crowd (Wall & Rovers fans alike) cheered everyone of their goals in.

Palace missed out. Rovers took their spot.

Palace were outraged & wrote to the FA about it. Yet, they still prefer to get all aggro in Brighton, rather than New Cross. Funny that.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
For everything that we will remember this season for (the away hammerings of Charlton & Peterborough, Tuesday night, winning the league, making Atkins look like a twat), do you really think being unbeaten at home means that much? It's not like its a home and away record like Arsenal did a few years ago.

I think it would be fitting if it pisses it down and we lose in the last game at Withdean, and we can all stand there, ponchos on, reminding ourselves how happy we are to be saying goodbye. And if that could help Southampton stay down as well...

Being unbeaten at Withdean means a lot to Gus and the players. And me too.

What a great farewell that would be-especially if we leave with a 6-0 victory to mirror our first ever game there. Regardless of who gets second spot I only ever want us to win, so, sorry Uddersfield, hope we thrash you.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
now all you need to do is lay down for us when we play you :facepalm:

Well deserved for promotion, you've been incredible this season.

Hope to visit your new stadium :albion1:

I hope you make it instead of Scumhampton. But we won't lay down for nobody and we want to keep our unbeaten record at home thanks!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I hope Saints go up. Much easier ground to get to and guaranteed a home sellout. OK Adkins and some of their fans are twats, but no more than Clarke and some of the Huddersfield lot. I hope we beat both of them at Withdean though.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I remember in 1988 we had clinched not only promotion to the Top Flight, but also the title at Hull City in the last but one game.

The last game of the season was at fortress Den. Where we had been strong all season. We were playing Blackburn, who were vying with Palace for the last Play-Off spot on the last day.

We lost 4-1. The Millwall players were clearly still hung over or even drunk. And the capacity Den crowd (Wall & Rovers fans alike) cheered everyone of their goals in.

Palace missed out. Rovers took their spot.

Palace were outraged & wrote to the FA about it. Yet, they still prefer to get all aggro in Brighton, rather than New Cross. Funny that.
I think I may make this my signature on the Palace board. :lolol:

Mickey Pearce's Hat

Apr 14, 2011
I think it's very important to try & keep your home record.

Millwall fans are immensely proud of our 59 home game unbeaten run, and the fact we've been unbeaten at home all-season a record 5 times.

It's a great achievement & I hope Brighton achieve it this season.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
I hope Saints go up. Much easier ground to get to and guaranteed a home sellout. OK Adkins and some of their fans are twats, but no more than Clarke and some of the Huddersfield lot. I hope we beat both of them at Withdean though.

Good thinking. However I have just moved to Manchester :facepalm: so Hudds and Rochdale thankyou please

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Actually don't care who else comes up. We're champions because the rest failed to keep up with us. Unbeaten at Withers this year would be great, as would 100 points but those achievements plus who goes up will have little baring on the future / next season and this season the title is what will go in all the record books.

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove
Thanks for the thanks but no thanks.

I hope we smash Huddersfield off the park. Don't like their manager or fans, especially after the abuse they gave Gus on their forum.

If you finish runners up on your own merit then so be it - who cares ?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

I hope we smash Huddersfield off the park. Don't like their manager or fans, especially after the abuse they gave Gus on their forum.

You don't like their fans because a couple of them gave Gus abuse on their forum:facepalm: We have our fair share of dicks also, move on...

HTFC2011

Apr 14, 2011
Huddersfield

If you finish runners up on your own merit then so be it - who cares ?

I never came on here to be a dick, yes i know we have fans that are idiots but so has every club and your sounding one of them right now

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I never came on here to be a dick, yes i know we have fans that are idiots but so has every club and your sounding one of them right now
No he isn't, he's just expressing an opinion.

I don't give a monkeys about a few goons at their computers, but would much rather Southampton were promoted than you. They are more local and we always fill our 3,500 allocation there, and they will be more of a needle match next season. On-line Huddersfield fans have been an interesting mix of humility and arrogance - much like ours really - but I did get fed up of your fans insisting we'd fall away after Christmas seemingly based on nothing except our average gates, when the simple fact is that we are a much bigger club than you (or will be next season).

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
On-line Huddersfield fans have been an interesting mix of humility and arrogance - much like ours really - but I did get fed up of your fans insisting we'd fall away after Christmas seemingly based on nothing except our average gates, when the simple fact is that we are a much bigger club than you (or will be next season).

Bit hypocritical, no?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here