Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ok chaps...well done for promotion

HTFC2011

Apr 14, 2011
Huddersfield
That's right; no.

It's just a fact. Unlike Huddersfield, we are a Championship side with nearly 17,000 season ticket holders next season already.

Its because your fans ambition for football is better than what ours is and yeah i can admit that

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
That's right; no.

It's just a fact. Unlike Huddersfield, we are a Championship side with nearly 17,000 season ticket holders next season already.

I agree that we are a club on the up, with Gus at the helm and Falmer next year but I disagree that we are a ‘much bigger club’ than Huddersfield. Their ground has a similar capacity to ours and if they get promoted who’s to say they won’t do as well if not better than us next season. I’m sorry but things like that tend to come back and bite... and as for the season tickets- yes, but it is our first season at Falmer in the Championship, so isn't really a fair comparison...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Its because your fans ambition for football is better than what ours is and yeah i can admit that

I agree that we are a club on the up, with Gus at the helm and Falmer next year but I disagree that we are a ‘much bigger club’ than Huddersfield. Their ground has a similar capacity to ours and if they get promoted who’s to say they won’t do as well if not better than us next season. I’m sorry but things like that tend to come back and bite... and as for the season tickets- yes, but it is our first season at Falmer in the Championship, so isn't really a fair comparison...
It's also because we have a far bigger catchment area than Huddersfield, who are hamstrung by being in a smaller town, surrounded by several clubs. Even Rochdale in Lancashire is only 13 miles away isn't it?

But our support is fairly fickle. We have a relatively small hardcore compared to the club's potential, like say Hull, Reading or Plymouth. And like those clubs, you are left wondering where the f**k all these JCLs have come from when the good times start to roll.

The bottom line is that I am not being arrogant at all, merely making an observation.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
But our support is fairly fickle. We have a relatively small hardcore compared to the club's potential, like say Hull, Reading or Plymouth. And like those clubs, you are left wondering where the f**k all these JCLs have come from when the good times start to roll.

Fair enough, I suppose that ^ was bugging me. How we have only just started to fill Withdean this season (because we've been playing well), and now all of a sudden we get promoted 16,000 sthers appear out of nowhere. It's good for the club, but it is slighlty frustrating also...

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick

I guess you're comparing Withdean attendances with the ST sales for 2011-2012 at the Amex.

A better comparison is with the Goldstone and ST sales. I for one was a regular at the Goldstone for nearly 40 years but have never been to Withdean. Am I therefore a JCL? Get a grip guys.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I guess you're comparing Withdean attendances with the ST sales for 2011-2012 at the Amex.

A better comparison is with the Goldstone and ST sales. I for one was a regular at the Goldstone for nearly 40 years but have never been to Withdean. Am I therefore a JCL? Get a grip guys.
Why haven't you been to the Withdean?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

This is well off topic, but no I'm really not. I'm looking at what happens to the club when we're on the up. Numbers swell massively, whatever division we're in. On our way up, we had a few 30,000 gates in the late '70s - even for division 3 matches. However, we also had one or two gates under 10,000 in 1983 when we were shit in the top flight.

Oh and the JCL tag means different things to different people, but I'll bet that most STHs will have followed the club from afar over the past decade or so. The new stadium has just meant they've felt compelled to take the plunge and commit. No shame in that. I'm fairly sure that people like you (non attending fans for well over a decade) will be made to feel more than welcome by existing regulars. To be a proper big(ish) club, Albion will now need to work to retain these season ticket holders.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Remaining games we have left: Charlton (A), MK Dons (A), Daggers (H), Brighton (A), Brentford (H)

None easy really
Get ready for the play-offs. SCC have a much easier run in, and they're ahead too.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Fair enough, I suppose that ^ was bugging me. How we have only just started to fill Withdean this season (because we've been playing well), and now all of a sudden we get promoted 16,000 sthers appear out of nowhere. It's good for the club, but it is slighlty frustrating also...
Maybe during these good times you've forgotten just how shit the Withdean really is. When we're not playing attractive football, and winning, going to the Withdean has been more about duty and loyalty than a fun day out. There will be many fans at the Amex that have followed us for a long time, but have better things to do than go to the Withdean every week (most will go to the Withdean a few times a year).

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Maybe during these good times you've forgotten just how shit the Withdean really is. When we're not playing attractive football, and winning, going to the Withdean has been more about duty and loyalty than a fun day out. There will be many fans at the Amex that have followed us for a long time, but have better things to do than go to the Withdean every week (most will go to the Withdean a few times a year).

I disagree, I've always enjoyed watching the team play wherever it has been (even at the withdean when we're playng shit) or how could I justify spending that money. I can see why people don't go to the withdean however, so it's all about choice

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here