Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oi We're Going Bust

There's always Subbuteo in your caravans, as long as you tie the staffy up out of the way and turf your sister out of your fold-down bed, and put the stoat's cage on top of the fridge, and heap the dirty washing and chuck it in the a closet but remember which is the dirty and which passes for 'clean'.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
We've got to keep an eye on the bigger picture.
The whole financial structure of the game is starting to go tits up at the moment.
As fans we have very little control over the money that comes in and goes out of our clubs.
Its only a meaningful rivalry between clubs if theres some reasonable stability to the league.
Trouble is, Ive got the feeling its going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

Yes that's it. Naturally I want to see Pompey and Palace below the Albion but I am worried about this situation. Football in its present form is unsustainable and the game needs to get itself sorted. As Brighton fans we know that the FA is run by people with a short-term outlook and as for the Premier League and poxy little clubs like Bolton who want to end relegation...grrrrrr.

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
Hope you go down and play us next season. then go bust!
We will take 6,000 easy to Villa and your take f*** all to Wolves :laugh:
All little clubs your size take big followings in the cup.Barrow-9000,swindon-6000 and now you.Looks like barrow have a bigger fan base than you.:clap:

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
All little clubs your size take big followings in the cup.Barrow-9000,swindon-6000 and now you.Looks like barrow have a bigger fan base than you.:clap:

yeah and they all take 1500 to Wycombe when 4th from bottom of the division below you on the same day you struggled to take 400 to Swansea in the division higher :smokin:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I don't want to see Palace go bust and I don't want us to become better than them by default. I want them to remain a competitive team. It is us that should be looking up, not waiting for our rivals to sink to our level.

You lot stay where you are, we'll be up to join you soon and then let battle commence.

There's no joy to be had in gloating over who has the richer backer, I want to gloat that we've bounced back from the brink all those years ago to finally become a team on the up. I want to be roaring with JOY that we've narrowly edged a close fought battle on the pitch against our fiercest rivals, knowing that we've got another game to come in the same season.

And I'll tell you something else, I would LOVE to see Palace in the premiership.... IF we were there too. I mean it's all very well travelling to Old Trafford, The Emirates and Anfield to play the big boys but come on, there's only one team we care about beating more than anything else on Earth, and the more chances we have to do that the better.

A lot of outsiders just don't understand the passion and intensity of the rivalry between our two clubs and I think it would be a real eye opener to have our favourite derby played out in the biggest league in the world for all to see. You can imagine the Sky commentators and Match of the Day pundits being blown away by the unbelievable intensity as we go head to head in a live televised game at the beautiful shiny Falmer stadium.

That's what I want to see anyway. And Palace going tits up will seriously delay my dream so let's get behind them and hope that they succeed in staying afloat because meetings between Palace and Brighton in the top flight of English football will be a big fat "THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT" to the rest of the Premiership in years to come.

I can't wait

Helter

Jan 4, 2010
I don't want to see Palace go bust and I don't want us to become better than them by default

Why? They've been beating us by default for years since we lost the goldstone so now we're getting a new stadium and they're going to be like how we used to be.

Tables have changed and I'm looking forward to it :clap2:

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
I don't want to see Palace go bust and I don't want us to become better than them by default. I want them to remain a competitive team. It is us that should be looking up, not waiting for our rivals to sink to our level.

You lot stay where you are, we'll be up to join you soon and then let battle commence.

There's no joy to be had in gloating over who has the richer backer, I want to gloat that we've bounced back from the brink all those years ago to finally become a team on the up. I want to be roaring with JOY that we've narrowly edged a close fought battle on the pitch against our fiercest rivals, knowing that we've got another game to come in the same season.

And I'll tell you something else, I would LOVE to see Palace in the premiership.... IF we were there too. I mean it's all very well travelling to Old Trafford, The Emirates and Anfield to play the big boys but come on, there's only one team we care about beating more than anything else on Earth, and the more chances we have to do that the better.

A lot of outsiders just don't understand the passion and intensity of the rivalry between our two clubs and I think it would be a real eye opener to have our favourite derby played out in the biggest league in the world for all to see. You can imagine the Sky commentators and Match of the Day pundits being blown away by the unbelievable intensity as we go head to head in a live televised game at the beautiful shiny Falmer stadium.

That's what I want to see anyway. And Palace going tits up will seriously delay my dream so let's get behind them and hope that they succeed in staying afloat because meetings between Palace and Brighton in the top flight of English football will be a big fat "THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT" to the rest of the Premiership in years to come.

I can't wait

moving stuff. :cry:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Why? They've been beating us by default for years since we lost the goldstone so now we're getting a new stadium and they're going to be like how we used to be.

Tables have changed and I'm looking forward to it :clap2:

Because it would be a hollow victory.

The times they've beaten us in recent years we can just put down to the fact that we couldn't compete with their resources and were down on our luck off the pitch as well as on it.

If the same thing happens to them and we end up spanking them then they'll have their excuses ready.

I want to tonk them with NO excuses. I want it to be competitive.

Our 1-0 was better than their demolition of us because we were the underdogs and we battled our socks off to nick the win and send the travelling support into RAPTURE. Walkovers are a welcome treat now and again but give me a tense, thrilling, nailbitingly tight encounter any day. That's where the smug satisfaction in gloating can really come in to play

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
FML, a decent (reltivly to being a scummer) palarse fan! Weclome, may the banter commence with a new and cynical fan!

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
I wouldnt shout to loud if i was you when you have 1000 at Wolves max.
Read my lips

ALL LITTLE CLUBS.
We play these games all the time for some of you lot it is a once in a lifetime experience to be in the 3rd round.

Well done you are a beacon for all miniscule clubs to aim for:clap:

I can't wait

Top post, couldn't agree more. :thumbsup:

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
Read my lips

ALL LITTLE CLUBS.
We play these games all the time for some of you lot it is a once in a lifetime experience to be in the 3rd round.

Well done you are a beacon for all miniscule clubs to aim for:clap:

yeah this from a club that struggle to raise 400 for swansea away in the division higher :lolol:

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
Watsons are still making adjustments and have had a pasting with the weather which has delayed things. Nothing is imminent as the crane is still lying flat. Shouldn't be too long with the weather hopefully improving

Wrong thread but how about our end behind the goal being known as "the natterjack end":clap:

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009

I can't wait

I have a dream! Amazing speech... :cry: you capuslated exactly what it means to hate the scummers, while at teh same time, why we love them so. Top job lad! :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here