Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oh. So Liverpool fans can STAND on the Kop then.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I was looking at that thinking 'he's not looking good on here, a few too many Stella's, but luckily he hasn't mentioned BHA yet...maybe he won't..' BUT then you did.. :dunce:

To be fair, you went in, shouted the odds, got stomped on, started to be nice and even had a supporter of your views :lol:

Well, perhaps I was shit-stirring a bit on the 'tonight' thread, its a fair cop :blush: (kop ?).

But the thread I started regarding their fans standing on the kop was (I thought)a legitimate question, and I worded it carefully what with Hillsborough so as not to offend. Seems like its such a taboo subject though that it warranted immediate deletion.

Meh. Stick it up their arses, bunch of cossetted, blinkered prima-donna fans.

Liverpool fans always stand in Europe, as do every team that has played in it this year. Not only that but many fans stand in Premier League matches every week. That is why I don't believe the lies about possible fines. It's never going to happen and the sooner our club and our stewards realise that the better.

League rules, not club rules.
Withdean 'stadium' ?? Think about it. In case you are forgetting, we are fortunate to be able to have a 'home ground' in Brighton, and the rules at Withdean are worth everyone observing and following. There are no swarms of rampant gangs running after other fans or singing on the local streets, the local residents don't normally have much to complain about (much to their surprise after initial misgivings).
Stewards aren't there to herd or police people, they are there to help everyone be safe, comfortable, organised and orderly. Just like there are tickets with seat numbers, and all ages - there are many people for which everyone standing would be a disaster and would ruin their experiences of the game.
We don't have a standing area, and as such, a lot of seats wouldn't work for a standing area - just like standing doesn't work for a seating area!

All the above factors have lead to Withdean being a good example for crowd behaviour, thanks to our generally excellent fans and their reactions to the ground and location. That, in turn, has made the effort to obtain permission for Falmer that much smoother and easier!

Does that seem worth the sacrifices we've made, or would you have preferred the club suffered fines?

The club has been complimented on the stewarding, from the league adjudicators, and from other fans! Astounding, isn't that? Apparently, many visiting clubs have actually found Albion's stewards to be patient helpful and polite - and the club has had compliments from the league.

I'm sorry, but your argument doesn't hold up Kukev31.

Jan 30, 2008
thats crap ,the fact that we dont have to much of a standing issue at withdean is becuase the age groups that would prefer to stand are priced out of withdean, so you are left with the rug and flask brigade and stewards who can pick on small groups standing up. go too away games and its a different story. i think falmer stadium will see more albion fans standing thats my view

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
League rules, not club rules.
Withdean 'stadium' ?? Think about it. In case you are forgetting, we are fortunate to be able to have a 'home ground' in Brighton, and the rules at Withdean are worth everyone observing and following. There are no swarms of rampant gangs running after other fans or singing on the local streets, the local residents don't normally have much to complain about (much to their surprise after initial misgivings).
Stewards aren't there to herd or police people, they are there to help everyone be safe, comfortable, organised and orderly. Just like there are tickets with seat numbers, and all ages - there are many people for which everyone standing would be a disaster and would ruin their experiences of the game.
We don't have a standing area, and as such, a lot of seats wouldn't work for a standing area - just like standing doesn't work for a seating area!

All the above factors have lead to Withdean being a good example for crowd behaviour, thanks to our generally excellent fans and their reactions to the ground and location. That, in turn, has made the effort to obtain permission for Falmer that much smoother and easier!

Does that seem worth the sacrifices we've made, or would you have preferred the club suffered fines?

The club has been complimented on the stewarding, from the league adjudicators, and from other fans! Astounding, isn't that? Apparently, many visiting clubs have actually found Albion's stewards to be patient helpful and polite - and the club has had compliments from the league.

I'm sorry, but your argument doesn't hold up Kukev31.

Funnily enough NMH, that reply from Kukev was almost exactly what a Liverpool fan replied on my thread over there (before it got deleted) - "Liverpool fans always stand in Europe". I answered that throughout the rest of the League, we don't have the luxury of choosing whether to sit or stand according to the competition we're playing in, and pointed out that such behaviour would be dealt with by tannoy announcements, stewards wading in, and ultimately ejection from the ground.

Dunno whether there were any further responses. :shrug:

The Taylor report is massively flawed, and was as much about combating hooliganism as it was about safety. The post from starry, which you decided to have a pop at, proves that the league rules are a contradiction. Why is it that everyone accepts that it's safe to stand at a rugby match, when it is considered unsafe to stand at a football match in the same stadium?

There's a good reason I have the 'It'll never happen to me' mentality, because statistically it never will happen.

The trouble is, that the FIRST time a catastrophe or bad injuries happen, is one time too many. Regardless of past examples of disaster - do you suggest that humble BHAFC at rented Withdean become an example of disaster?

Howabout, since the examples ARE rife across history in crowd organisation - our club be just caring and careful enough to prevent accidents before they happen?
Howabout our club NOT become a case number to warn other clubs about what CAN happen if crowd control procedures aren't followed?

thats crap ,the fact that we dont have to much of a standing issue at withdean is becuase the age groups that would prefer to stand are priced out of withdean, so you are left with the rug and flask brigade and stewards who can pick on small groups standing up. go too away games and its a different story. i think falmer stadium will see more albion fans standing thats my view

Falmer might, I don't know. But then 'Falmer Stadium' (or whatever it will be called) may well have layout that works better for standing? I don't know, and I doubt anyone else knows for certain yet.
However, to base a borrowed running-track lego-stand stadium in a fairly 'close' residential area with no parking, for Falmer Stadium (ours and with football crowds as it's main reason for being) is a bit of a reach.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

That is actually a very good argument.

certainly in the 70's and 80's the large groups of hooligans that attached themselves to clubs tended to be teenagers and early 20's. These days, the footage of trouble at games tend to be late 20's to middle aged men who can afford the prices to get in ( I applied for a ticket for Chelsea vs Huddersfield in the FA Cup and they wanted £45)

The argument could be that the current teenagers are priced out of the market. I was interested to see that the season ticket for u16's was very cheap, BUT will that be reflected in pricing for the "buy on the day" youngsters either next year or at Falmer?

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly

So anyone who is priced in to the Withdean experience is a rug and flask merchant? Very good fella.

So on that basis the Ruggers and Flaskers have more disposbale income to those poor unfortunate younger lads..Again very good assumption.

I wish I was young again so that I could be priced out of Withdean in such a way that I could 'run with the pack' on missions of derring do as the youth of today do with such panache and style. In my day as a young one..life was not giddy with excitement in going to footie games as it is now DR.

*green with envy* smiley.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
That is actually a very good argument.

certainly in the 70's and 80's the large groups of hooligans that attached themselves to clubs tended to be teenagers and early 20's. These days, the footage of trouble at games tend to be late 20's to middle aged men who can afford the prices to get in ( I applied for a ticket for Chelsea vs Huddersfield in the FA Cup and they wanted £45)

The argument could be that the current teenagers are priced out of the market. I was interested to see that the season ticket for u16's was very cheap, BUT will that be reflected in pricing for the "buy on the day" youngsters either next year or at Falmer?

David are you saying that a youngster who is earning without any mortgage, dependents, and other costs such as the Leccy, house maintenance, has less money to get in to a footbal game than an older person with all those encumbrances?

If so can I work for your firm, they must pay very well!

:drink:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
David are you saying that a youngster who is earning without any mortgage, dependents, and other costs such as the Leccy, house maintenance, has less money to get in to a footbal game than an older person with all those encumbrances?

If so can I work for your firm, they must pay very well!

:drink:

They do.....

No what I am saying is that in the days when it was the working mans game, it was very cheap to get in. The money was not in the game, clubs did not have the finances to make the grounds all seater, it was run as basic as possible ( I can remember going to Hampden Park where one of the stands behind the goal at the top was loose ground), youngsters did not have to fork out £45 to watch a top side.

It does make you wonder sometimes where people do get the money to go to football. I know laura cant afford to go to games when she comes home from Uni!

Jan 30, 2008
So anyone who is priced in to the Withdean experience is a rug and flask merchant? Very good fella.

So on that basis the Ruggers and Flaskers have more disposbale income to those poor unfortunate younger lads..Again very good assumption.

I wish I was young again so that I could be priced out of Withdean in such a way that I could 'run with the pack' on missions of derring do as the youth of today do with such panache and style. In my day as a young one..life was not giddy with excitement in going to footie games as it is now DR.

*green with envy* smiley.
oh dear i nearly cried..... hey dont let life get you down .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here