Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oh. So Liverpool fans can STAND on the Kop then.

Dandyman

In London village.
Liverpool fans always stand in Europe, as do every team that has played in it this year. Not only that but many fans stand in Premier League matches every week. That is why I don't believe the lies about possible fines. It's never going to happen and the sooner our club and our stewards realise that the better.

The "worst" threat is reducing capacity, which not something we really need to worry about.

I suspect the truth is that there are those in authority that think seats encourage a better class of punter who is more inclined to act like a happy little consumer than a fan.

PCBEARDMLORD

Isn't it ?
Jan 30, 2008
Patcham
I was in the Kop for Liverpool Villa. The leg room and seat size is crap.... We spent a lot of time standing and were never asked to sit by any of the stewards. The atmosphere was great, there was no pushing and no problems. I'm sure if the Kop can cope with this then so can the South Stand. Why doesn't the Albion just trial it for one match and leave everyone alone ???

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I'm sure if the Kop can cope with this then so can the South Stand. Why doesn't the Albion just trial it for one match and leave everyone alone ???

Becuase it's against football league rules, which all clubs have to adhere to without exception.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
I'm sure if the Kop can cope with this then so can the South Stand.

You're joking aren't you? The South Stand is a temporary structure that rattles badly at the best of times. Half of the south stand seats need the bolts tightening and the rubber matting on each row is falling apart.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You're joking aren't you? The South Stand is a temporary structure that rattles badly at the best of times. Half of the south stand seats need the bolts tightening and the rubber matting on each row is falling apart.

Very true.
I swear the seating in front of me is only held together by nine years worth of my compressed used chewing gum jammed strategically into the gaps.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Out of the away games I have been to I have stood up at each one - Orient, Forest, Sarfend and Loooton. Last season again Orient and Swansea was standing.

Seems to be a Withdean thing (whilst I know its a regulation) I think they take it too literally. Could be wrong tho.

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
Out of the away games I have been to I have stood up at each one - Orient, Forest, Sarfend and Loooton. Last season again Orient and Swansea was standing.

Seems to be a Withdean thing (whilst I know its a regulation) I think they take it too literally. Could be wrong tho.

you are wrong!!!!!

Cant you remember Phil get the right hump with the stewarding @ swansea last year?? we definately were sitting :wave:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
you are wrong!!!!!

Cant you remember Phil get the right hump with the stewarding @ swansea last year?? we definately were sitting :wave:

Ok MOST of the game then...! Also by the time Swansea scored their second there wasnt much to get excited about!

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
They always stand up there.

Same with Man United behind the goal at Old Trafford near the away fans.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Various panning shots tonight showing those lovable scallys PERMANENTLY out of their seats tonight in that "legendary Kop". Arms folded, casually watching the action all night, row upon row of Koppites standing there, without the hinderance of a tannoy announcement, or the aggravation of a steward telling them to SIT DOWN.

Great to know that the club that was primarily responsible for the authorities dumping these f***ing all-seater stadiums on ALL of us these days can happily carry on standing on those "special european nights" eh. All contributes to the atmos dunnit.

I accept that the police were primarily responsible for the Hillsborough disaster and how that panned out. But the fact that LFC (of all clubs) can have 15 - 20,000 fans standing in a seated area and not do a f***ing thing about it, quite frankly, stinks.

Noticed that, too, Easy. Huge numbers of fans standing, arms folded, with no stewards in sight. It is a bit galling that they can so blatantly get away with it when they're the reason we have to put up with all-seater stadiums. Not happy about that, at all.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Your obsessional hatred of Liverpool makes you look foolish. Are you sure you're not a Manc?

But he has a point if you listen to the commentators then the loveable scousers are the best fans in the world bar non which is not true.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I went to THIS Liverpool messageboard last night:

Football Forum - LFC Online

and asked them, without swearing or being abusive, how come they (of all clubs) get to stand en-masse in seated areas. After a couple of answers telling me to f*** off, the thread was deleted and I've been BANNED.

Scouse tossers. Still, I got a few rants in on their "tonight" thread before they banned me. Touchy bunch of wankers though arn't they.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I went to THIS Liverpool messageboard last night:

Football Forum - LFC Online

and asked them, without swearing or being abusive, how come they (of all clubs) get to stand en-masse in seated areas. After a couple of answers telling me to f*** off, the thread was deleted and I've been BANNED.

Scouse tossers. Still, I got a few rants in on their "tonight" thread before they banned me. Touchy bunch of wankers though arn't they.

:lolol:

"You'll neeeeeevvveeerrrrrrrrrrr post again (on there)" :yahoo:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
eh calm down calm down dee dooo dee doh

scousers.jpg

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
the following week, i stood in almost the exact same place. i wasn't allowed beer at my seat and a jumped up wannabe dictator spent 88 minutes going up and down the stairs on the kop trying to get us to sit down. then called in the reinforcements and the m15 black coats came storming through all because we deigned to stand where a week previously 40k people stood without disaster.

it is a stupid ruling.

But you ignorant arrogant twat that is the FOOTBALL LEAGUE ruling BUT being a leeds fan i guess you don't give two fucks about them.

As for wannabe dictator the steward was probably following orders from his supervisor whom in turn was probably following orders from the control centre.

It is NOT safe to stand in a seated area and until the League recind the ruling and install SAFE terracing areas then we stewards are just doing our jobs.

If you don't like it f*** off and watch Rugby League :tosser:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here