Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oh. So Liverpool fans can STAND on the Kop then.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Various panning shots tonight showing those lovable scallys PERMANENTLY out of their seats tonight in that "legendary Kop". Arms folded, casually watching the action all night, row upon row of Koppites standing there, without the hinderance of a tannoy announcement, or the aggravation of a steward telling them to SIT DOWN.

Great to know that the club that was primarily responsible for the authorities dumping these f***ing all-seater stadiums on ALL of us these days can happily carry on standing on those "special european nights" eh. All contributes to the atmos dunnit.

I accept that the police were primarily responsible for the Hillsborough disaster and how that panned out. But the fact that LFC (of all clubs) can have 15 - 20,000 fans standing in a seated area and not do a f***ing thing about it, quite frankly, stinks.

Kukev31

Feb 2, 2005
Birmingham
Really shows the demand to bring standing back to football grounds if you ask me.

Comentators and media having a wet dream over the atmosphere will be the same ones against bringing it back though.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Various panning shots tonight showing those lovable scallys PERMANENTLY out of their seats tonight in that "legendary Kop". Arms folded, casually watching the action all night, row upon row of Koppites standing there, without the hinderance of a tannoy announcement, or the aggravation of a steward telling them to SIT DOWN.

Great to know that the club that was primarily responsible for the authorities dumping these f***ing all-seater stadiums on ALL of us these days can happily carry on standing on those "special european nights" eh. All contributes to the atmos dunnit.

I accept that the police were primarily responsible for the Hillsborough disaster and how that panned out. But the fact that LFC (of all clubs) can have 15 - 20,000 fans standing in a seated area and not do a f***ing thing about it, quite frankly, stinks.

what channel where you watching ten Easy, I never got a permanent view of the kop on itv. I only got to see the kop when Liverpool were attacking it

which generally is when Liverpool fans stand up

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
i didn't see the game but on a similar-ish note.

in march i went to elland road to watch the rhinos beat melbourne. i stood in almost the exact same place as my season ticket for leeds united is, i drank beer at my seat, the people around me were mostly the same as those who are there week in week out watching leeds. we stood the whole time. no one batted an eyelid. elland road was packed. not once were we told to sit down.

the following week, i stood in almost the exact same place. i wasn't allowed beer at my seat and a jumped up wannabe dictator spent 88 minutes going up and down the stairs on the kop trying to get us to sit down. then called in the reinforcements and the m15 black coats came storming through all because we deigned to stand where a week previously 40k people stood without disaster.

it is a stupid ruling.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
what channel where you watching ten Easy, I never got a permanent view of the kop on itv. I only got to see the kop when Liverpool were attacking it

which generally is when Liverpool fans stand up

I was watching what you were watching. ITV.
But I was paying PARTICULAR attention after an early shot (just after the cameras picked out Hicks during a break in play) when they then panned over to the Kop and everyone was standing during that break in play - this was while nothing was happening on the pitch.

Every subsequent shot I saw all night showed the Liverpool fans standing - and Chelsea were attacking the Kop during the second half.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
But I was paying PARTICULAR attention after an early shot (just after the cameras picked out Hicks during a break in play) when they then panned over to the Kop - and this was while nothing was happening on the pitch.

Every subsequent shot I saw showed the Liverpool fans standing - and Chelsea were attacking the Kop during the second half.

Its because Liverpool fans are so good they are above fans of every other club in the country.

Dandyman

In London village.
Good for the Scousers. I went to the Spurs v. Arse semi and stood for most of thst too. Possibly the bigger clubs have a more sensible approach than the smaller ones?

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Good for the Scousers. I went to the Spurs v. Arse semi and stood for most of thst too. Possibly the bigger clubs have a more sensible approach than the smaller ones?

Or possibly they know the FA won't dare take any action against them?

Kukev31

Feb 2, 2005
Birmingham
Liverpool fans always stand in Europe, as do every team that has played in it this year. Not only that but many fans stand in Premier League matches every week. That is why I don't believe the lies about possible fines. It's never going to happen and the sooner our club and our stewards realise that the better.

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
But I was paying PARTICULAR attention after an early shot (just after the cameras picked out Hicks during a break in play) when they then panned over to the Kop and everyone was standing during that break in play - this was while nothing was happening on the pitch.

Every subsequent shot I saw all night showed the Liverpool fans standing - and Chelsea were attacking the Kop during the second half.

i saw the same as you fella - even behind the other goal both sets of fans were standing...f***ing brilliant!

if very1 stood up its not like the stewards can chuck out all 20,000 of them is it?

time for some direct action :D

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Somewhere beneath the famous Anfield roar, you will hear the tannoy constantly telling them to "calm"... sorry sit down.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
i didn't see the game but on a similar-ish note.

in march i went to elland road to watch the rhinos beat melbourne. i stood in almost the exact same place as my season ticket for leeds united is, i drank beer at my seat, the people around me were mostly the same as those who are there week in week out watching leeds. we stood the whole time. no one batted an eyelid. elland road was packed. not once were we told to sit down.

the following week, i stood in almost the exact same place. i wasn't allowed beer at my seat and a jumped up wannabe dictator spent 88 minutes going up and down the stairs on the kop trying to get us to sit down. then called in the reinforcements and the m15 black coats came storming through all because we deigned to stand where a week previously 40k people stood without disaster.

it is a stupid ruling.
Indeed it is. I want to know at what point standing up became inherrantly dangerous.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Indeed it is. I want to know at what point standing up became inherrantly dangerous.

Good point. As I rember all seater stadiums came in because of Hillsborough. The Hillsborough tradegy was caused by too many people being let in, so surely as long as we limit the amount of people into the stand then we shouldnt have a problem with standing up

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It's now all about controlling the crowds (you are much easier to identify by CCTV in all seater stadium) and increasing the income.

Since you can't get as many people into a stadium this shortfall has been passed onto the fans. You always paid a premuim to sit at a game and now this premium applies to everyone.

That's it really. The "why can't we stand in an all seater stadium" is the completely wrong question to ask. What you should be asking is "why can't we have terraces.."

( I wouldn't say standing somewhere like Anfield with it's cramp seating is inheritantly safe though.. )

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here