Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oh Sh*t not Revell!!!

Domsdad

brother of Patch
Sep 24, 2003
Its grim up north
Revell was good on saturday. I was impressed with all aspects of his game but especially the goal because it came as a result of using his brain. He moved from the right wing along the line but stayed onside, into space on the left, took the ball well on his chest, turned and scored. He certainly looked good enough for this division. He played well with Gary Hart up front this time. I'd like to see him alongside Jakey boy. Good luck to the geezer.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
supaseagull said:
I've been away for a while and have just found out we signed Alex Revell.

Well I have a friend who lives in Cambridge who is a Cambridge Utd supporter and when I stayed up at his digs, we went to a few Cambridge games.

The only thing I can say about this is....WE ARE f***ed!!!!

This guy makes McCammon look like Hernan Crespo!!

I'm always one for giving people chances, but i'm sorry we may as well have tried to re-sign Teddy Maybank, Mike Ferguson and Gerry Armstrong - they all have more pace!

I am worried!

But still, according to Mcghee and Knight he is one for the future so we'll be off loading him in November to Lincoln City!

Just got in after working a 16 hour day and read this pile of depressing shit. Did you go on Saturday? No; I didn't think so. If you had, you would have seen a very good performance from a striker who is absolutely thrilled to be playing for us. Alex Revell played very, very well on his DEBUT and SCORED an absolute cracker. But that's not good enough for you is it? He's a young player and what do you you do? Slag him off before he's even played for the Albion. Shame on you!

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Re: Re: Oh Sh*t not Revell!!!

Sneaky George said:
Just got in after working a 16 hour day and read this pile of depressing shit. Did you go on Saturday? No; I didn't think so. If you had, you would have seen a very good performance from a striker who is absolutely thrilled to be playing for us. Alex Revell played very, very well on his DEBUT and SCORED an absolute cracker. But that's not good enough for you is it? He's a young player and what do you you do? Slag him off before he's even played for the Albion. Shame on you!

:clap2: well said! I think the greatest part of it all is that he WANTS to play for us, nothing beats that attitude!

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ

Sneaky George said:
Timestamp of that post is "23-06-2006 17:59 " so he wasn't going on the Roveram game.

disgruntled h blocker

Oct 16, 2003
Ampfield
Well, I spoke to one of my mates at football this evening, a Cambridge Utd fan - he remembered Alex... Similar comments were said about his ability back then, but he has obviously improved.

Alex did play for my mates a Sunday league team one time, for a 20 minute period, scored 5 goals and quickly got subbed again. Had sublime skill - just ran rings around the other players on the pitch... This isn't a bullsh*t story - his brother still plays, and is a police officer.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

Sneaky George said:
Just got in after working a 16 hour day and read this pile of depressing shit. Did you go on Saturday? No; I didn't think so.!

I DID go saturday you prick...I go to almost every game I can so I can have an opinion about this whether you or anyone else likes it or not - after all isn't that what this message board is about? expressing opinions!!!!

I am not one of those however who will go out of their way to boo players at a game unlike some on here I know of! And that's despite my contempt for Mcghee's tactics and most of his signings!

I desperately hope that Alex Revell and to that matter McGhee prove me wrong this season and I for one in May when the season finishes will stand up and say I was wrong, but be f***ing pleased about it!

If however, come the end of the season, Revell has become another Maheta Molango which I am guessing will be the case from having seen him play in the past for Cambridge, then what happens? I gain nothing from being right, instead, all that happens is that you lot will turn on him like you have with CKR, Hammond, Mayo, Butters and other players in the past!!!

I rest my case m'lud!

Oh and Sneaky George - it'd be wise to think about what you write before making assumptions!

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
Re: Re: Re: Oh Sh*t not Revell!!!

supaseagull said:
I DID go saturday you prick...I go to almost every game I can so I can have an opinion about this whether you or anyone else likes it or not - after all isn't that what this message board is about? expressing opinions!!!!

I am not one of those however who will go out of their way to boo players at a game unlike some on here I know of! And that's despite my contempt for Mcghee's tactics and most of his signings!

I desperately hope that Alex Revell and to that matter McGhee prove me wrong this season and I for one in May when the season finishes will stand up and say I was wrong, but be f***ing pleased about it!

If however, come the end of the season, Revell has become another Maheta Molango which I am guessing will be the case from having seen him play in the past for Cambridge, then what happens? I gain nothing from being right, instead, all that happens is that you lot will turn on him like you have with CKR, Hammond, Mayo, Butters and other players in the past!!!

I rest my case m'lud!

Oh and Sneaky George - it'd be wise to think about what you write before making assumptions!

AND BREATHE !!!! f*** SAKE LAD

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Keep on bouncing! :bounce:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

supaseagull said:

You saw him playfor Cambridge 4 years ago, when he had been played about 4 games in his entire career. Get over it. I doubt very very very much that you will be right, but if you are feel free to bounce this thread then I will accept that you were right.

However if you were wrong I expect this thread will be bounced a hell of alot. Not just because its utter shit but because you started such rudiculos thread on a player you hadn't seen play for 4 years and had signed for the albion less than half a day before.

Oh and :bounce:

BHA Jordan

Dec 14, 2005
I remember making comments in a thread a while ago about Revell, as I'd seen him a few times for Cambridge and not really been that impressed.

But I do remember saying that although it is a big leap back from the Ryman I hope he has improved with age, and that I hope he has come on enough as a player to prove my initial reaction was wrong, and from what I've read and been told from Saturday he has, so hopefully he can get another goal tonight, and go onto great things this season.

:clap2:

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
supaseagull said:
I've been away for a while and have just found out we signed Alex Revell.

Well I have a friend who lives in Cambridge who is a Cambridge Utd supporter and when I stayed up at his digs, we went to a few Cambridge games.

The only thing I can say about this is....WE ARE f***ed!!!!

This guy makes McCammon look like Hernan Crespo!!

I'm always one for giving people chances, but i'm sorry we may as well have tried to re-sign Teddy Maybank, Mike Ferguson and Gerry Armstrong - they all have more pace!

I am worried!

But still, according to Mcghee and Knight he is one for the future so we'll be off loading him in November to Lincoln City!

nice mention on the phone in today! :clap:

supaseagull said:

I rest my case m'lud!

Think it's clear from another good performance from Alex tonight that he is much better than Molango, can cope with the physical side of the game (vital in this league particularly) which Maheta struggled with.

As an acknowledged critic of McGhee's signings, you should just swallow your pride and admit this looks a good investment of a very tiny amount of our transfer kitty.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
looked good again tonight - long may it continue

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Scotty M said:
looked good again tonight - long may it continue
Indeed he did - I thought he teamed up very well with Harty on the right.

Oh, and how about another cheeky :bounce: :bounce:

Seagull's Return

Nov 7, 2003
Brighton
The boy done good last night, I thought: nearly ran himself into the ground, and caused their defence some real problems.

Oh yes - :bounce:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Morning Mark, morning everyone, a glorious morning here at the Oval.... :bounce:

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Its quite funny reading this thread because what people were saying about Alex Revell read James Scowcroft for us and guess what he has been the outstanding player in both of our opening two games and all of a sudden the detractors are not quite so vocal! Revell's goal against Rotherham was a corker and by all accounts he played pretty well the other night also, Scowcroft in teo games has not lost one ball in the air and his leading of the line and set up play has been first class. Just goes to show us fans do not know as much as we like to think we do!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here