Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** Official World Cup 2010 Semi-Final Thread: Netherlands v Uruguay ***

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm sorry but the Dutch fans are not going mentalist enough

I thought that.

They're a funny old team. Robben is good (but a cheat), Schneider classy, van Persie ok when he can be arsed, but other than that they're quite workmanlike aren't they?

Kuyt is pretty average, and I can't believe (brilliant goal aside) van Bronckhorst still plays international football.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
What distance did Giovanni Van Bronckhorst strike the ball from into the :goal: ?

My guess: 33 yards

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I really hope somebody does a proper 'hatchet job' on that snivelling little shit ROBBEN before this World Cup finishes. :angry:

That is all.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I thought that.

They're a funny old team. Robben is good (but a cheat), Schneider classy, van Persie ok when he can be arsed, but other than that they're quite workmanlike aren't they?

Kuyt is pretty average, and I can't believe (brilliant goal aside) van Bronckhorst still plays international football.

Do you think after YEARS of real flair sides who've failed to go the distance they've finally plumped for more of an "English" style hard working team, with a couple of stars, to try a new approach?

You are right though, Van B is normally toilet and they even have Blackburn failure Andre Ooijer in the squad. Not to mention Boulahrouz. HOW are they on their way to the World Cup final?

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
come on uruguay i love cheats

oj-simpson-smiling-murder-trial.jpg

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Not very inspiring is it.

Starting to think the Dutch and the Germans have been involved in some mysterious experiment in which the characteristics of their national teams have been secretly swapped.

The Germans get all the flair and goals and the Dutch are left with a newly efficient psyche and a tendency to roll round pretending to be injured.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Keeper should have had that.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Shock

:goal:

Holland 1 Uruguay 1

:clap2: