Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**Official Transfer deadline day thread**

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
who do people think were sign then

Wayne Bridge, the theory being that he thinks we are all gay down here so there is less chance of someone nobbing his girlfriend

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
At least some of the deadwood is being cleared out.
If we don't sign a quality left-midfielder, i will start worrying.
If we can get in a quality first-choice left midfielder, maybe let Cox go and get another left-mid for back up, i think we've done well.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
At least some of the deadwood is being cleared out.
If we don't sign a quality left-midfielder, i will start worrying.
If we can get in a quality first-choice left midfielder, maybe let Cox go and get another left-mid for back up, i think we've done well.

I doubt it will be top of his priorities, mainly because its clear Gus likes the system we are currently playing, he has used this system at Leeds & Swindon so don't be surprised if we don't get a LM in.:thumbsup:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Now on the main website

McLeod Joins Wycombe
Posted on: Mon 01 Feb 2010

By Paul Camillin

Kevin McLeod has joined Wycombe Wanderers on a free transfer, signing for Albion's League One rivals until the end of the season.

Wycombe have taken over McLeod's registration, which was due to run until June of this year.

McLeod joined Albion on a free transfer from Colchester United in the summer of 2008, signing a two-year deal.

He made 20 senior starts, and 16 substitute appearances for Albion, scoring twice during his 18-month spell with the club.

The left winger joins former team-mate Adam Hinshelwood at Adams Park and fellow former Seagull Alex Revell, who has joined Wanderers on loan from Southend United.

Meanwhile Chris Holroyd has now completed his permanent move from Cambridge United, signing an 18-month deal earlier today.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
You watch McLeod go and score a cracker in an important game that puts us right in the shite, always happens.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I doubt it will be top of his priorities, mainly because its clear Gus likes the system we are currently playing, he has used this system at Leeds & Swindon so don't be surprised if we don't get a LM in.:thumbsup:

I really don't understand it though.. and it's not as if playing everyone in the middle and no-one on the left is working! Dicker is being so over-worked from having to cover the left side that he can't do a thing in midfield. From what i can see, the formation we're playing at the moment is pretty much:

-----------------Kuipers------------------
---Calderon---Elphick---Virgo----Painter--
----------------Navarro-------------------
---Bennett---Crofts---Dicker----Massive Gap---
-----Murray---------------Forster---------

Or am i missing something? ???

seven stands

May 25, 2006
hastings
1347:Hang on, there's some breaking Wayne Rooney news...

could it be us!........

1348:... But it isn't Barcelona or Real Madrid-related. A multi-million pound court hearing involving the England striker and his wife Coleen will not begin until Tuesday, officials said on Monday. As you were.

no its not

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I really don't understand it though.. and it's not as if playing everyone in the middle and no-one on the left is working! Dicker is being so over-worked from having to cover the left side that he can't do a thing in midfield. From what i can see, the formation we're playing at the moment is pretty much:

No... you are spot on... and we either waste Bennett or Dicker... sign a left-winger or we will continue to struggle to create...

Beeercan

Jul 14, 2005
Colchester

That would make 12 players

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
No... you are spot on... and we either waste Bennett or Dicker... sign a left-winger or we will continue to struggle to create...

Exactly what i've been thinking.
I think the reason Navarro is now looking good, and Dicker not so much, is that Dicker is having to do the work of two players- covering the left side and playing actual role in the middle.
Therefore, Navarro has to cover Dicker in the middle when he has to push on up the left side, hence more work for Navarro to do, breaking up the play etc.
If that makes any sense..

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Exactly what i've been thinking.
I think the reason Navarro is now looking good, and Dicker not so much, is that Dicker is having to do the work of two players- covering the left side and playing actual role in the middle.
Therefore, Navarro has to cover Dicker in the middle when he has to push on up the left side, hence more work for Navarro to do, breaking up the play etc.
If that makes any sense..

Again, my thinking 100% aligned with yours... but I'm admittedly no expert...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here