Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OFFICIAL - Tony Bloom Chairman, Dick Knight Life President.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Personal opinion of course..........but one individual (plus a "spin-doctoring" inner circle) as been controlling this club for the last 9 years. Doesn't seem to have bothered you too much during this period.

Indeed :thumbsup: Some people are so blind to it though.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
bill archers are you listening belotti are you listening walking along singing a song walking in a money wonderland

As Tonys uncle sat back and did nothing about those two (and let's not forget that fucker Stanley), I may reel in my excitement over the news.

I hope, nay pray that it's a good thing and Tonys intentions are good, but there's a certain part of me that still feels itchy (and it's not eczema) when the name Bloom, post Harry is mentioned.

I don't want to be negative, but we fought too hard to not be destroyed and I think we should always be wary of anyone coming in, just because the have a few bob.

Last edited:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Firstly:

Dick Knight - THANK YOU for saving our club, THANK YOU for getting us back home, THANK YOU for helping bring Falmer to a reality, THANK YOU for absolutley everything, you are a true Legend in my eyes and I shall never ever forget what you have done for this club and I *demand* a statue at Falmer be built in your honour.

Secondly:

Stadium Funding all in place, well thats gotta be bloody fantastic news has'nt it?!? no need to worry about ANYTHING now apart from whether I can afford a season ticket when 2011 rings around!!

Thirdly:

Mr Bloom, thanks for the cash mate its appreciated! I hope you know what kind of shoes you have to fill and that you need to be more like Knight than that cretin Archer. Beware the fickle BHA fans as they will no doubt moan if you do one thing wrong, but by god if you f*** this club up I'll personally spit in your face as I still aim to do to Bellotti & Archer! But for now good luck with your new role, lets hope we get back to the Championship and may I wish you many great and successful years at the club.

Finally:

Archer & Bellotti....a message to our fans...NEVER FORGET - I certainly wont and they should never be made to forget what they did to this club and what they put US and this club through.

Here, here.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
This news is the best thing that has happened to this club since Brian Clough was appointed manager!! ....

what a shit analogy :wozza:

Cloughie's reign was one of the unhappiest in my nearly 50 years as an Albion fan.

that aside.....bring it on :falmerspi:falmer::albion2:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Would be interesting to see what opinions are like with the different generations of Albion fans when you mention the surname Bloom and the Albion board

The "older" generation that remember Bloom as in not breaking away from Bellotti and Archer

and

The "younger" generation seeing a wealthy man come in and bankroll the club

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I wonder what Russell Slade makes of all this. Suddenly we go from thinking that we need to rebuild next season and finish top half to serious investment (I am assuming he won't be paying for the stadium and ignoring the team) and pressure to achieve. Could be an interesting season ahead.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Does make all the talk of Wise and Poyet seem slightly more believeable now than when it was when it was mooted before the end of the season. Can imagine Bloom did want someone alot higher profile than Slade is. Hope he gets a half decent chance and the axe isn't already looming should things start slowly next season.

Personal opinion of course..........but one individual has been controlling this club for the last 9 years. Doesn't seem to have bothered you during this period.
Au contraire ... I've seen a very effective Knight / Bloom partnership. Anyone who thinks this club has been a plaything of DK alone hasn't been paying attention.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Does make all the talk of Wise and Poyet seem slightly more believeable now than when it was when it was mooted before the end of the season. Can imagine Bloom did want someone alot higher profile than Slade is. Hope he gets a half decent chance and the axe isn't already looming should things start slowly next season.

I wonder if Steve Coppell would have been our new manager if Russell hadn't already been signed up. :)

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Would be interesting to see what opinions are like with the different generations of Albion fans when you mention the surname Bloom and the Albion board

The "older" generation that remember Bloom as in not breaking away from Bellotti and Archer

and

The "younger" generation seeing a wealthy man come in and bankroll the club

And what about the even older generation that remember Harry as a true supporter and one of Bamber's closest allies? I hope that Tony takes after his grandad.

adammicheal

Jan 3, 2006
When Harry Bloom died the club went into reverse, he was the buffer between Mullery and Bamber and things were never the same after he died

That is basically waht i posted earlier lets all hope TB takes after his Grandad a true albion fan

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
As i've said elsewhere I don't think Dick Knight saw someone giving the club £93 million interest free loans when he was talking about no one person owning the club.

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
On a lighter note, its typical brighton that the news first broke in "european poker news" !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here