Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OFFICIAL - Tony Bloom Chairman, Dick Knight Life President.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
"Bloom currently holds a 75% shareholding in the club, having converted £18 million of loan stock into shares; the club's board of directors has unanimously elected him as chairman with immediate effect".

Whatever happened to "No one individual will ever control this football club"?

Precisely what I was thinking!

nutter

Jul 6, 2003
Brighton
I'm delighted to be honest.Looks like the club will move forward with the funding.Dick Knight is and always will be a legend!!! He did always maintain funding was in place when Falmer was being built and that if someone came in who was right he would step down so i'm sure this move has been on the cards for years.Come on the Albion!!!!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Is one person controlling different to one person FINANCING the club?

With £90m invested, and vast majority of the shareholding, coupled with the fact he is now the Chairman, I think you'll find he controls the club and the financing. So I think we should have a statement to put minds at rest.

That aside, ths is great news, at last the Albion should be on a level playing field with the teams we aspire to compete with.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Anyone else a little concerned by this? It's obvious TB is minted, that said we've now got one man in control of the club again which was apparently never going to happen. I'm just concerned that we're going to do a Southampton/Leeds/Gretna and end up overspending on over-paid players and unservicable debts should for any reason Bloom disappears. On the surface its fantastic news, but I still feel just a little concerned by it all. Someone reassure me that i'm worrying about nowt!

Same here!!! I know i should be all happy about it, but intuition is getting me slightly worried.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Anyone else a little concerned by this? It's obvious TB is minted, that said we've now got one man in control of the club again which was apparently never going to happen. I'm just concerned that we're going to do a Southampton/Leeds/Gretna and end up overspending on over-paid players and unservicable debts should for any reason Bloom disappears. On the surface its fantastic news, but I still feel just a little concerned by it all. Someone reassure me that i'm worrying about nowt!

Dick Knight is a life Pres. I hope that means something. To safegaurd us against the Anti-Dick.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
With £90m invested, and vast majority of the shareholding, coupled with the fact he is now the Chairman, I think you'll find he controls the club and the financing. So I think we should have a statement to put minds at rest.

That aside, ths is great news, at last the Albion should be on a level playing field with the teams we aspire to compete with.

Indeed, a statement is needed

I have a horrible feeling this new investment will turn us into a bit of a plastic club just like all the big boys in the premiership which I love to hate so much

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Same here!!! I know i should be all happy about it, but intuition is getting me slightly worried.

Exactly, I guess it comes with the years of getting shafted left right and centre!! Where was Bloom when we were actually IN the Championship and the club was coming cap in hand with all the A and K stuff? Better late than never I guess but it just sets off alarm bells!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

Good grief some people (mostly the Knight is king brigade) will never be happy! :lol:

This news is the best thing that has happened to this club since Brian Clough was appointed manager!! We now have a very real chance of being a Championship club sometime soon, and in the medium term a good prospect of reaching the premiership. Surely that is what we all want isn't it? Or would some be happier with the "close knit" club we have now. I have an image of Sarah Watts and Liz Costa sat in a room crying....

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Blimey pop done the pub to see a couple of punk bands come home and this happens! Eek. I'll try and let it sink tomorrow. One the face of it good news, let's hope the anxiety about single ownership is unfounded. Onwards and upwards!!!!

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Lord Bracknell;2952919 Whatever happened to "No one individual will ever control this football club"?[/QUOTE said:
Personal opinion of course..........but one individual has been controlling this club for the last 9 years. Doesn't seem to have bothered you during this period.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Good grief some people (mostly the Knight is king brigade) will never be happy! :lol:

This news is the best thing that has happened to this club since Brian Clough was appointed manager!! We now have a very real chance of being a Championship club sometime soon, and in the medium term a good prospect of reaching the premiership. Surely that is what we all want isn't it? Or would some be happier with the "close knit" club we have now. I have an image of Sarah Watts and Liz Costa sat in a room crying....

I just don't like change that's all!!!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Firstly:

Dick Knight - THANK YOU for saving our club, THANK YOU for getting us back home, THANK YOU for helping bring Falmer to a reality, THANK YOU for absolutley everything, you are a true Legend in my eyes and I shall never ever forget what you have done for this club and I *demand* a statue at Falmer be built in your honour.

Secondly:

Stadium Funding all in place, well thats gotta be bloody fantastic news has'nt it?!? no need to worry about ANYTHING now apart from whether I can afford a season ticket when 2011 rings around!!

Thirdly:

Mr Bloom, thanks for the cash mate its appreciated! I hope you know what kind of shoes you have to fill and that you need to be more like Knight than that cretin Archer. Beware the fickle BHA fans as they will no doubt moan if you do one thing wrong, but by god if you f*** this club up I'll personally spit in your face as I still aim to do to Bellotti & Archer! But for now good luck with your new role, lets hope we get back to the Championship and may I wish you many great and successful years at the club.

Finally:

Archer & Bellotti....a message to our fans...NEVER FORGET - I certainly wont and they should never be made to forget what they did to this club and what they put US and this club through.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Lord Bracknell;2952919 Whatever happened to "No one individual will ever control this football club"?[/QUOTE said:
Personal opinion of course..........but one individual (plus a "spin-doctoring" inner circle) as been controlling this club for the last 9 years. Doesn't seem to have bothered you too much during this period.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Exactly, I guess it comes with the years of getting shafted left right and centre!! Where was Bloom when we were actually IN the Championship and the club was coming cap in hand with all the A and K stuff? Better late than never I guess but it just sets off alarm bells!

He was building up a business which he has now sold and gained a shit load of WONGA

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

I have a horrible feeling this new investment will turn us into a bit of a plastic club just like all the big boys in the premiership which I love to hate so much

Don't think there will be a mass of spare money over and above the committment to the stadium and covering running costs so we will have to continue to be the well run club that we have been for the last several years under Knight & Brown.

Dont figure on any major (big money) signings but several quality/value for money signings do seem to be on the horizon.

I just hope it has been as amicable behind the scenes as it appears in the press so that we can move forward smoothly and with everyone in accord.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

If everything as is on the face of it I really can't wait for the future, it is exactly what we want. Like i've said above it's probably just getting used to the feeling of getting shafted all the time but it all seems a little TOO good to be true!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003

we cant be "safe little BHA on the coast" forever you know, long gone are the days of family clubs getting success. Moneytalks (to quote AC/DC) and I want Premiership one day!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here