Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Ticket Exchange and Auto Cup purchases launched today

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Yep I agree. But the system will surely only be used a handful of times - there's a lot of tickets to shift these days each game esp if away team gives some back!

I agree, but it depends when the sold out kicks in and when these extra tickets go on sale. At the end of the day all it will take is a few clicks for people who know they are missing certain games in the season who in the past would not know who or how they could pass their ST on. Now, if their seat is sold they if effect get a discount of next years ST, if their seat isn't sold, they still get the same nothing they would have got.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I have a question on the auto cup scheme though. Will season ticket holders who don't sign up for the auto payment still have a preferential window to purchase their own seat?

Good question and I would assume so, the ticket exchange is not much good to me as ecash is not want I want, will sell locally as I used to

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
1. Rest assured I'd only ever use a phrase like 'toddle off' when I meant to come across really patronising.

2. I've replied to about six of your posts on this thread. Don't be so needy.

1) I rest my case - I was right about your patronising way of arguing. It's not a good look.

2) I wasn't being needy atall. I'm talking months / yrs of noticing it. Just thought i'd mention it now - which isn't being atall needy is it.

3) So what did 'Are starting to get it now' mean?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
ecash is not want I want, will sell locally as I used to

Why, if it can go towards next year's ST, but anyway, what I have said earlier is that its not for people like yourself who made the effort and was able to off load their tickets for particular games.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Why, if it can go towards next year's ST

Would prefer the cash in my pocket, never had any trouble selling when cannot go. Think the only game I may miss is Charlton at home so far.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
1) I rest my case - I was right about your patronising way of arguing. It's not a good look.

2) I wasn't being needy atall. I'm talking months / yrs of noticing it. Just thought i'd mention it now - which isn't being atall needy is it.

3) So what did 'Are starting to get it now' mean?

1. If somoeone posts something I disagree with, particularly where I feel they are having an unhustified moan-up, then I'll counter it. If they don't like it, I don't really care much.

2. I tend to always reply to posts directed to me. It would be rude not to. I'll ignore them, if the argument is getting dull, going over the same ground repeatedly.

3. It was a typo. Supposed to say "Are you starting to get it now?" Ie get the point of the exchnage, over jsut having the NSC one. (I posted it in response to your admission that 'half don't seem to bother trying to re-sell their tickets'.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Oh, and I'm off to lunch now, so don't be offended if I stop replying...

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Would prefer the cash in my pocket, never had any trouble selling when cannot go. Think the only game I may miss is Charlton at home so far.

Like me your seat was probably occupied at every game, the one I missed had a friend in it. But like I said there were 100's ST seats empty each match, the clubs system will (if the game is a sell out) fill those seats if the STH can be bothered to press a few buttons on their computer with the incentive of a few pounds back.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
1. If somoeone posts something I disagree with, particularly where I feel they are having an unhustified moan-up, then I'll counter it. If they don't like it, I don't really care much.

2. I tend to always reply to posts directed to me. It would be rude not to. I'll ignore them, if the argument is getting dull, going over the same ground repeatedly.

3. It was a typo. Supposed to say "Are you starting to get it now?" Ie get the point of the exchnage, over jsut having the NSC one. (I posted it in response to your admission that 'half don't seem to bother trying to re-sell their tickets'.

I never once questioned why we were having a ticket exchange so think u were arguing for sake of it.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
I can understand why people would want the exchange so its good that the club have introduced it, but from a personal point of view i wouldn't be using it. Cant make the Birmingham game next month so would rather sell my tickets on to family at say £15 each rather than messing around with hoping that the club sell it for me for less plus will have the cash in my pocket than on my smartcard.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Next big debate will be what order they re-sell the exchanged tickets in. Will those buying the exchanged tickets all have access to a seating plan? If they just specify, say, North Stand, will they be allocated seats at random, or by available row number etc etc. This one could run and run :lol:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Next big debate will be what order they re-sell the exchanged tickets in. Will those buying the exchanged tickets all have access to a seating plan? If they just specify, say, North Stand, will they be allocated seats at random, or by available row number etc etc. This one could run and run :lol:

Pot luck I would imagine with the punter choosing from all available seats online.
After mine has been sold of course.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

1901-ers first, clearly. They deserve their money back MORE *takes cover*

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
so the money credited to you account has to be saved and used against the cost of a future season ticket?

If your seat is resold the relevant credit value will be held in your account until a specified date and then deducted from the season ticket renewal price for the following seaason.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
so the money credited to you account has to be saved and used against the cost of a future season ticket?

If your seat is resold the relevant credit value will be held in your account until a specified date and then deducted from the season ticket renewal price for the following seaason.

You can spend it on beer and pies if you want, or a bha wooly hat in the winter

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
You can spend it on beer and pies if you want, or a bha wooly hat in the winter

Where does it say that?

When you login to you account it says this.

Ticket Exchange

Welcome to the new Brighton Hove Albion Ticket Exchange.

Season Ticket Holder? Unable to attend a game?
We understand that there may be some times where you cannot attend a league game, due to holidays, fixture changes or other commitments. If so, don't let your ticket go to waste - you can now use our ticket exchange to release your ticket for resale and have the chance of earning credit against the cost of next year's season ticket.

How it Works:
Please select any 'Booked' seat from the list below that you cannot attend and click continue. Once you have confirmed, we will deactivate your smartcard for the selected game, therefore your card will no longer allow you to gain entry for that particular game. You will be sent a confirmation email to verify the release of your seat.

If your seat is successfully resold you will recieve a credit. The credit value is 50% of the match ticket price at which your release seat is sold. Please note your price category as a season ticket holder does not determine the credit value issued.
Status Key:
You can access this page at any time to view the status of any ticket exchanges.
Booked: Your seat which is available to return
Returned: Returned seat which has not yet been resold. You can recalim this seat for no fee by selecting this seat for rebook
Re-sold: Your seat has been resold by the club. Your credit is displayed in your purchase History

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here