Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Ticket Exchange and Auto Cup purchases launched today

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Some people are never happy, the club should have thought about this deeper.

Register for auto cup tickets and a member of staff will come round your house and wipe your arse for you each time you take a dump, subject to a maximum of once per day.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
£20 to go on a waiting list, and you don't get it back if you don't get a season ticket after all? Not sure about that one.
Other than that, though, it all looks good news - particularly the extra points you get for being on the waiting list or in the auto-cup scheme.

They may have been knocked back by hundreds who added themselves to the list but didn't follow through & buy. At least the club get £20 off of the timewasters & get a more realistic figure of people likely to actually take up than if it cost nowt. Great move

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
All good ideas:

Season-Ticket Waiting List - a little bit pointless as there will be more than enough to go around but the 100 loyalty points is a good incentive

Auto-Cup Scheme good idea and will def use this - wonder if we'll get a chance to use it this season?

Ticket Exchange it will be interesting to see how often this service is activated - i think it will be a handfull of times in 12/13, but it's def good to have nonetheless, and agree its the right approach to wait until a sell-out

Totally agree with you. Very happy about the auto-cup, myself - means I won't have to remember to get my act together for these ones.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
All good ideas.

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
They may have been knocked back by hundreds who added themselves to the list but didn't follow through & buy. At least the club get £20 off of the timewasters & get a more realistic figure of people likely to actually take up than if it cost nowt. Great move

Agreed. Had to think this one through: if they offer points for being on the waiting list, without the fee they would end up with loads more people signing up with no intent of buying a season ticket - they're just signing up for the points.
I hope, though, that they're prepared to show discretion on the "no refund" policy in exceptional circumstances. I'm not just thinking the obvious cases here, but how about for example being forced to move away after changing job?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
All good ideas.

Agreed.

People will moan though, simply because they can.

The ticket exchange is what we've all being crying out for the club to implement, and when they do, people are moaning. I'm not sure what anyone was expecting.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So what price will the club sell tickets at on the ticket exchange? Face value or the price the STH paid for it? I imagine it'll be the former, in which case they're taking a huge cut.

A North Stand seat would be sold for £28 for a one-off match, but the STH would receive 75% of £425/23, which is £13.85.

So what are you actually proposing?

That the rebate to you should be based on the one-off cost - i.e. MORE than you actually paid for the ticket?

or that they should re-sell exchange tickets at a lower cost than all the normal one-off people have paid for their seats?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I like the auto-cup idea - its a good thing to have, but the club will need to release pricing for it first - before taking the money of course.

With the waiting list, i think its a bit silly charging £20, although you do get it off the price if you get a ST so technically you arent losing out. Totally disagree with giving them 100 loyalty points though, as then they may be higher than some STHs from this season !!

Good to see there is finally a ticket exchange, but you dont get that much back from it (think someone said £13 if your in the North) - you could get £20 through NSC !! And you get it back as e-cash, so you have to use that money back into the club - shouldnt work like that at all. Would be better off using NSC if you have a seat you cant use, you can sell it for more and the buyer can buy it for less !!

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Auto-cup idea is a good idea, but I suspect I won't use it as sometimes I like to try out a different stand in cup games.

Ticket exchange will please many, but I always just give my ticket away for free to friends or family when I can't make a match (and I know my dad does the same).

Despite the fact I probably won't use either, it's nice to see the club moving forwards with useful services for fans.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
That they give you everything you have paid for the seat back and keep the (still significant) mark-up on one-off ticket prices for themselves?

That seems reasonable. Rebate you the cost of your ticket at your season ticket rate, and keep the difference between that and the face value.

EDIT: I wonder if the club earn money on money that's converted to eCash before you spend it? I mean obviously if you spend it in the shop it probably just gets moved into a different account, but if you spend it with catering Azure get the money.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That they give you everything you have paid for the seat back and keep the (still significant) mark-up on one-off ticket prices for themselves?

Dreaming. No club is going to do that.

It has been suggested on here that the Arsenal rebate is 90%. Its worth pointing out though, that 25% of the value of your ticket is £4.60. Tis is the admin fee they are charging you. I imagine that 10% on the Arsenal one works out at a similar figure.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

The £20 charge to go on the waiting list will deter any plastics thinking about putting their name down just for the potential Premier League kudos next season.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
That seems reasonable. Rebate you the cost of your ticket at your season ticket rate, and keep the difference between that and the face value.

EDIT: I wonder if the club earn money on money that's converted to eCash before you spend it? I mean obviously if you spend it in the shop it probably just gets moved into a different account, but if you spend it with catering Azure get the money.

that is what I was hoping the club would do, most common sense option!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I like the auto-cup idea - its a good thing to have, but the club will need to release pricing for it first - before taking the money of course.

With the waiting list, i think its a bit silly charging £20, although you do get it off the price if you get a ST so technically you arent losing out. Totally disagree with giving them 100 loyalty points though, as then they may be higher than some STHs from this season !!

Good to see there is finally a ticket exchange, but you dont get that much back from it (think someone said £13 if your in the North) - you could get £20 through NSC !! And you get it back as e-cash, so you have to use that money back into the club - shouldnt work like that at all. Would be better off using NSC if you have a seat you cant use, you can sell it for more and the buyer can buy it for less !!

What's the betting the £20 you get back when buying a ST is transferred as e-cash ?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
So what are you actually proposing?

That the rebate to you should be based on the one-off cost - i.e. MORE than you actually paid for the ticket?

or that they should re-sell exchange tickets at a lower cost than all the normal one-off people have paid for their seats?

People who have actually had experience of re-selling on their STs occasionally last season are simply giving their take on it. Putting words in people's mouths is just daft.

This is the system I expected from the club, and it's certainly good to have as a back-up. But I'd clearly rather get £21 pro rata than £16 for a seat, And someone buying it would rather pay £21 than £39. Obvious. Plus the other good reasons, as I said earlier, of not leaving it to the last minute, and also being more motivated to re-sell it than someone else, and not being obliged to spend the money at the Albion.

But then, I am coming at this as someone who has successfully dealt with a couple of people on here last season and already this season, and so far it's been good for both parties.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

that is what I was hoping the club would do, most common sense option!

You're all dreaming. And completely ignoring the fact that you have been sold the season ticket at a much reduced rate (against one off tickets) because you are prepared to commit to most matches.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This is the system I expected from the club, and it's certainly good to have as a back-up. But I'd clearly rather get £21 pro rata than £16 for a seat, And someone buying it would rather pay £21 than £39. Obvious. Plus the other good reasons, as I said earlier, of not leaving it to the last minute, and also being more motivated to re-sell it than someone else, and not being obliged to spend the money at the Albion.

But then, I am coming at this as someone who has successfully dealt with a couple of people on here last season and already this season, and so far it's been good for both parties.

Well obviously. That all goes without saying.

None of that changes the fact, that the official scheme is pitched exactly where most realistic people would expect it to be.

Also - the difference between doing it off your own back, and the official route is £5. A lot of people would forego the fiver than bother with the hassle. Then there are thousands more, who don't use NSC, who until now would have just left their seats empty. Surely ultimately what we all want is a fuller Amex?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here