Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official thread for the people who hate Uruguay

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
It was a disgusting handball and this tournament has seen THREE football teams been given an injustice, England, Mexico and Ghana have been cheated out of any potential to get anywhere in this tournament.

But this is no reason to hate uruguay.

But if Suarez hadn't handled it, the likelyhood was that it would have hit his head and not crossed the line anyway.

Ghana were not cheated out of any potential to get anywhere in this tournament as they had 2 opportunities to win through, Gyans penalty and the shootout.

What happened was very different to say Maradona's hand of god incident as it wasn't spotted and punished by the officials

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The difference between tonite and 1986 is that Maradona should have been disallowed and maradona sent off...

Uruguay got their player sent off and a penalty awarded as is the rules.

wizo7

Man Met Massive
Dec 17, 2008
Bolney
Hate for Suarez nto Uraguay!

Did'nt like the way he was allowed to stay to watch the penalty be taken, then have the audacity to celebrate like a bafoon infront of the Ghana contingent...Have some respect you cock-nob!

I hark back to Maradona's hand of god goal.

The difference with that is he DID get away with it. Tonight the offence was spotted and punished. It's the Ghanaian's fault he bollocksed up the penalty.

It's quite embarrassing the way ITV and everyone else is crowing on about it. If it was the way around, i.e. a Ghana defender did the same, there would be nowhere NEAR as much of an outcry.

End of the day, unless you're Ghanaian, who cares??

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Hang on the free kick that led to the handball wasn't a free kick.

Soirez just stuck his hand out to save a goal, he didn't gain an advantage to cheat a goal. Justice was done by his sending off and a penalty being given.

Exactly. Why did the commentator tonight consistently refer to Ghana having the support of all the neutrals etc? Just before the shoot-out he said something about them being our "adopted nation". What the f***? How does he come up with this shit? I very much expect 99 per cent of viewers in England tonight couldn't have cared less who went through.

I'm pretty sure more Ghanaians have 'adopted' England as their nation. :jester:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Exactly.

And lets hope that with it we can no go back to giving the world cup back to "proper" football nations and go back to the south america/europe rotation.

USA, South Africa and S.Korea/Japan my arse.

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
Exactly. Why did the commentator tonight consistently refer to Ghana having the support of all the neutrals etc? Just before the shoot-out he said something about them being our "adopted nation". What the f***? How does he come up with this shit? I very much expect 99 per cent of viewers in England tonight couldn't have cared less who went through.

I wanted Ghana to go though you had to feel for them having a goal like that hand balled off the line. Then Suarez reacting like he'd won the competition, Ghana were my adopted nation.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I love Uraguay!! What a game! Always had a soft spot for them since they kicked lumps out of Scotland in 86. Total thugs, who can play a bit. I thought they'd gone soft for one awful moment and then they pull that trick at the end to leave the good-guys from ghana looking sick as one of their rainforest parrots! :lol:And I for one was cheering them all the way as they pulled off the heist of the tournament, Suarez taking a bullet for the team in emphatic style as that last gasp drama turned this game into one that will long live in the memory. Fantastic stuff, all hail the tournaments gangsters :lolol: Onto the Cape!! The cheating rogues, I love 'em!! And what a cool penalty to win it, outrageous latin bravardo. What a game, what a team!! Viva Uraguay!!!! :clap2::bowdown::clap2:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Disgraceful team in my opinion, there were 2 outfield players trying to handle the ball to stop a certain goal. The rules need changing to allow the ref to award a penalty goal, a bit like the penalty try rule in rugby.

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
I love Uraguay!! What a game! Always had a soft spot for them since they kicked lumps out of Scotland in 86. Total thugs, who can play a bit. I thought they'd gone soft for one awful moment and then they pull that trick at the end to leave the good-guys from ghana looking sick as one of their rainforest parrots! :lol:And I for one was cheering them all the way as they pulled off the heist of the tournament, Suarez taking a bullet for the team in emphatic style as that last gasp drama turned this game into one that will long live in the memory. Fantastic stuff, all hail the tournaments gangsters :lolol: Onto the Cape!! The cheating rogues, I love 'em!! And what a cool penalty to win it, outrageous latin bravardo. What a game, what a team!! Viva Uraguay!!!! :clap2::bowdown::clap2:

I don't like you

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

:lol::clap::clap:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I honestly dont think that was a maradona hand of god situation, its was the dying minutes and purely a reactionary motion in the heat of the moment!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The difference between tonite and 1986 is that Maradona should have been disallowed and maradona sent off

Technically he should have been booked not sent off but I know what you mean...

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Gus is currently on 5 live sounding like a cock I'm afraid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here