Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official thread for the people who hate Uruguay

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
There certainly wasn't any justice done there.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Rubbish you can break the rules and he got a red.

Oh and they are my only team left in the draw

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Wankers but what can you do, eh. The celebration of the sent-off player when the penalty went over was disgusting.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Wanted them to win the cup, but not now, i hate cheating

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
0,,10433~7637551,00.jpg

Hate Uruguay. You hate this man.

Uruguay = :love:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I think it's the same as taking down a player when they're clean through on goal. You know they're going to score so you take them out. I'd do it, I'd want an england player to do it.

It's Ghana's own fault for not scoring the penalty

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I havent got any problems with it. He didn't get away with it, Ghana should have scored and that would have been it. Its not even as though he fouled anyone which would have been worse.

Its a choker for Ghana but they had their chances

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Eh? How did he cheat? He didnt get away with it?? He got sent off and a penalty awarded.

IT wasnt like he wasnt sent off and no penalty.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
It was something he had to do, and something any of us would do if it meant the difference between our nation going out of the world cup OR reaching the semi final. I am not condoning what he did as it is out of order but I don't blame Suarez for doing it.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I think it's the same as taking down a player when they're clean through on goal. You know they're going to score so you take them out. I'd do it, I'd want an england player to do it.

I agree 100%. For Germany's third goal I was screaming at Johnson (I think, I have blocked most of memiories of that day) to bring the German player down. The Italians would have no qualms in doing so, so why should anyone else. Do anything to win.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

This. If an England player had calmly let it go in at the same stage of the game, I'd have gone f***ing balistic. yeah yeah, it's against the rules, but the guy got sent odd, will miss the semi final, but f*** it, at least his team are in it.

I hark back to Maradona's hand of god goal. would we all be so precious about it had Linekar done the same?

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
It was a disgusting handball and this tournament has seen THREE football teams been given an injustice, England, Mexico and Ghana have been cheated out of any potential to get anywhere in this tournament.

But this is no reason to hate uruguay, Gus is still the man, and remember that.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
There certainly wasn't any justice done there.

So the guy being sent off and a penalty awarded isn't justice then???

Ghana had the chance to wrap up the win and failed to take it, not the fault of Suarez or anyone else connected with Uruguay. What should they have done, keep retaking the penalty until Gyan scored so justice was done?

I bet you'll all love Uruguay again with Gus leads the Albion to the Championship :ascarf::ascarf:

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
It was a disgusting handball and this tournament has seen THREE football teams been given an injustice, England, Mexico and Ghana have been cheated out of any potential to get anywhere in this tournament.

But this is no reason to hate uruguay.

England = Uruguay + shit lino
Mexico = shit lino
Ghana = Uruguay

Two common themes ruining this World Cup.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here