Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Lord Bamber

Had an advertising email from Runners World this evening, with a quote from a certain Lord Bamber:

"Thanks RW and the pacing team. 1.41 and I'm blooming happy

Lord Bamber"

Presume there arent 2 Lord Bambers (and i wonder if they thought you were a real Lord (which of course you are)?!

That was me :lolol: I never gave them permission to use my quote though - cheek!

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I'm doing the Liverpool Half Marathon on Sunday as training for Brighton. Probably wouldn't want to wear that top then!

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Cool. Where did you get that?

Ordered shirt from Maude Sport (will come up on Google) £20 incl postage-its the Errea Sprint blue running vest.

Then went to club shop who did letters and club badge- £10.50.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Did the club do the badge as well as the lettering?

Yep badge was £2.50.

It would be so simple for club to order say 50 shirts (errea obviously kit sponsor), then put badges on and sell at £30 a pop. Make a decent sum at the rates they can buy in. But as previously said, never got response to our requests/emails did we!

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Yep badge was £2.50.

It would be so simple for club to order say 50 shirts (errea obviously kit sponsor), then put badges on and sell at £30 a pop. Make a decent sum at the rates they can buy in. But as previously said, never got response to our requests/emails did we!

No we didnt, club loss. I will be taking my shirt in for badge :thumbsup:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Out of interest, if there is a gale on marathon day, and being so exposed, how do you reckon that will affect times? Dont think the tail wind will balance out the head wind!

Based on the Duchy Marathon, it didn't seem to affect the times too much. There was a section that we did twice where it was virtually impossible to make forward progress into the wind and supporters were blown off their bikes. We didn't even get a tail wind anywhere as the route went into a valley as soon as we turned off the coast path!

However, I did a personal best for a marathon and everyone in my club achieved their target time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Road v Treadmill.

Went ashore for the first time in almost 4 weeks yesterday & ran on land for 10k as opposed to my nightly treadmill session. F*ck me I was breathing out of my hoop! Now I know it was in the heat of St Thomas (although around early evening) as opposed to a nice air conditioned gym, but it just reminded me that a treadmill is no substitute for getting out there & putting the miles in.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Anyone doing Worthing 20 this morning? Good luck if you are, weather better than originally predicted **keeps fingers crossed**.

Hoping for a cheeky sub 3 hrs.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Blimey that's a good time. What are you aiming for in the Brighton marathon?

I have never broken 4hrs before despite 16 attempts. I seem to get to 22 miles and fall apart but I have never been this fit. Took 12 mins of my PB this morning so fingers crossed. 3.59.59 will do me. How about you what are you looking for?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here