Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Duchy marathon for me today. It's going to be windy along the North Cliffs, but hopefully the rain has now headed further East. Good luck to those doing the Steyning Stinger ( or any other races) today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Good luck SD. :thumbsup:

Anyone looking forward to doing a long run in the rain this morning?

Bad weather forecast for Sunday. I need to get out too but may be tempted by the gym if it's going to rain all day. Is your half an officlal one or a training run?

I'm quite far from Sussex, so the weather OK! :) It was the Sumpu Marathon around Shizuoka City. Really cold wind, but otherwise fine. I heard the Eastbourne half is happening today in the peeing rain. :(

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Good luck SD. :thumbsup:

Anyone looking forward to doing a long run in the rain this morning?

Also did mine yesterday morning (bad fan!). Just over 16 at my marathon pace so hopefully looking good for Brighton (with the injury/strong wind on day caveat). Out of interest, if there is a gale on marathon day, and being so exposed, how do you reckon that will affect times? Dont think the tail wind will balance out the head wind!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My comeback continues very slowly. Up to 45 minutes at moderate pace now.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Done a 22 mile run yesterday in readiness for London Marathon this year, never ran a distance like that in my life before, so done my refuelling at every 5 miles with Energy gel's and it worked a treat, all done in 3hrs 18 mins, so well happy with that !!
Anyone else on here running the London this year ? It will save me trawling thru 43 pages !!

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Also did mine yesterday morning (bad fan!). Just over 16 at my marathon pace so hopefully looking good for Brighton (with the injury/strong wind on day caveat). Out of interest, if there is a gale on marathon day, and being so exposed, how do you reckon that will affect times? Dont think the tail wind will balance out the head wind!

I think it will affect times suppose it depends on how strong it is. 20 done this morning, got absolutely soaked. Top fun though.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Done a 22 mile run yesterday in readiness for London Marathon this year, never ran a distance like that in my life before, so done my refuelling at every 5 miles with Energy gel's and it worked a treat, all done in 3hrs 18 mins, so well happy with that !!
Anyone else on here running the London this year ? It will save me trawling thru 43 pages !!

Well done, I did 20 this morning and doing London.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Thighs still screaming two days on. Clearly still a novice, but with better training I reckon I could get sub 1:30, and not be crippled the next day.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Lord Bamber

Had an advertising email from Runners World this evening, with a quote from a certain Lord Bamber:

"Thanks RW and the pacing team. 1.41 and I'm blooming happy

Lord Bamber"

Presume there arent 2 Lord Bambers (and i wonder if they thought you were a real Lord (which of course you are)?!

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Did the Eastbourne Half Marathon on Sunday and have to say the weather for the last hour or so was pretty dire. 2.32 was my time but just happy to finish, the last 2 miles on the seafront was into the wind and stinging cold rain, the finish in Princess Park was a little muddy. Good luck to those doing the London and Brighton marathons. Anyway another £720 raised so far for the Martlets Hospice, so it was worth getting wet and cold!

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Did the Eastbourne Half Marathon on Sunday and have to say the weather for the last hour or so was pretty dire. 2.32 was my time but just happy to finish, the last 2 miles on the seafront was into the wind and stinging cold rain, the finish in Princess Park was a little muddy. Good luck to those doing the London and Brighton marathons. Anyway another £720 raised so far for the Martlets Hospice, so it was worth getting wet and cold!

Very well done Mr B to have kept going in those conditions. And a tidy sum raised for a great cause!

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
Having started running during February 2011, and managing a lung and knee bursting 200 yards on my first attempt, I will be running in the Missing People 10k. next week in London, whilst wearing my fave BHA shirt, having done the distance three times as of this morning, and was happy to take a svelte(ish) 58:42 :rolleyes:

Thanks to all on this thread for your inspiration, and giving me the belief to crack on when it got tough. You are all stars :cool:

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I'm now all set for Brighton marathon:

IMG00089-20120314-2136.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here