Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Well 13 miles done this morning, back home, warm drink and curry leftovers to consumed! Happy Running.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well 13 miles done this morning, back home, warm drink and curry leftovers to consumed! Happy Running.

Curry leftovers mmmmmmm; always better than the night before.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Curry leftovers mmmmmmm; always better than the night before.

Most definitely. It was a close call, leftovers of massive bag of bobby's bacon snacks. I can now confirm the judges vote was BOTH!

Happy Running.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
9 miles for me this morning from Winchelsea Beach to Rye and back. Furthest I have run since last years marathon as I hurt my knee. Felt good this morning though.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Wow, hill running is HARD, espeically after pizza for breakfast. Feel good though, even if it was just 4 and a 1/2 miles (didn't wanna go too long too early), did take in Freshfield Road though.

jameswestport

Sep 7, 2011
Just got an app for the ipod called couch to 5k. Just bought a pair of ascics running shoes. Gonna have a go at a run and see how it goes. Wish me luck.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
13 miles for me this morning as well

jameswestport

Sep 7, 2011
Thanks mate. After i posted that i nearly didn,t bother leave the couch but i said i better keep my word. Feel great now. Hopefully i can do the same tomorrow.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Thanks mate. After i posted that i nearly didn,t bother leave the couch but i said i better keep my word. Feel great now. Hopefully i can do the same tomorrow.
Well done!

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
I was reading your threads at about 2pm trying to think of everything under the sun why I shouldn't go running this afternoon (Need to change the ipod Shuffle playlist; wait till the Thai soup goes down; see what the Newcastle second half is like...) but decided if you all did it, I too will get my backside off the couch. Thanks for the spiritual motivation as I have just finished a good half marathon distance from Shoreham to Worthing pier and back, 10 mins quicker than I did on New Years eve. Am enjoying the post run cider now...

Obviously the weekend for 13 miles. Same for me yesterday morning. Portslade along to the River Adur and inland.

TotallyFreaked

Jul 2, 2011
Such a great running day today, cold and sunny. Enjoyed a run over the downs with a great view of the Amex, it looks so fantastic from up there. However it did remind me how long runs make me pretty useless for the rest of the day.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
I was reading your threads at about 2pm trying to think of everything under the sun why I shouldn't go running this afternoon (Need to change the ipod Shuffle playlist; wait till the Thai soup goes down; see what the Newcastle second half is like...) but decided if you all did it, I too will get my backside off the couch. Thanks for the spiritual motivation as I have just finished a good half marathon distance from Shoreham to Worthing pier and back, 10 mins quicker than I did on New Years eve. Am enjoying the post run cider now...

Top work SSB and enjoy the cider. :thumbsup:

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
However it did remind me how long runs make me pretty useless for the rest of the day.

That's what I find quite difficult - the fact that you're so screwed after a long run, it can effectively write off the rest of the day.

A couple of times last year I did them quite late in the day so I could just shower, eat and then fall into bed!

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
That's what I find quite difficult - the fact that you're so screwed after a long run, it can effectively write off the rest of the day.

A couple of times last year I did them quite late in the day so I could just shower, eat and then fall into bed!

Hadnt thought of adopting this late in the day option, ive always gone early morning. Just hope I dont talk myself out of the runs!

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
Hadnt thought of adopting this late in the day option, ive always gone early morning. Just hope I dont talk myself out of the runs!

I'm normally an early morning runner - I like to get up and out and get the run done but I found this tactic really works for those long runs of, say, 2:45+

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
I'm normally an early morning runner - I like to get up and out and get the run done but I found this tactic really works for those long runs of, say, 2:45+

I am willing to give this a try in my quest for a sub 4 marathon this year.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010

Our paths must have crossed today mate, as i did Shoreham to Worthing pier at roughly the same time as you....enjoy ya Cider!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here