Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
It was a good afternoon for it. Left Park Avenue, Red Lion,via the airport road and then onto Worthing Pier. Must have left at 2.45 and stopped me feeling guilty all night if I hadn't gone out. Am doing an hours speed running with others at Corals gym tomorrow evening, just in time to be back for the match!
Our paths must have crossed today mate, as i did Shoreham to Worthing pier at roughly the same time as you....enjoy ya Cider!!!

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I am willing to give this a try in my quest for a sub 4 marathon this year.

I know you are an experienced runner Lord B, but be careful not to run, particularly long distances, too late in day as you could well find it difficult to sleep after. Also, for next couple of months, later in day means running in dark. Never ideal for long distances unless just a nice flat seafront run.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
I know you are an experienced runner Lord B, but be careful not to run, particularly long distances, too late in day as you could well find it difficult to sleep after. Also, for next couple of months, later in day means running in dark. Never ideal for long distances unless just a nice flat seafront run.

Thanks for the advice chimneys. Not sure I could ever find sleep hard to come by but who knows.

Tomorrow I will also do some speed running in the gym, finishing in time to watch the match

Happy Running.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Hello all. Anyone know any good 7 or 8 milers across country, preferably in a loop, nearish to Brighton. Don't mind driving t.o get there. Cheers

woodster

Jul 18, 2003
Hello all. Anyone know any good 7 or 8 milers across country, preferably in a loop, nearish to Brighton. Don't mind driving t.o get there. Cheers

if you run up to the top of ditchling road and cross bridge over A27 and then in to the trails..........this will take you up towards the beacon. follow the trail and you will come to the back of stanmer park. get to a wooden gate......turn round and back again. from woodbourne garage to the wooden gate.....if you go the right way is about 9 miles..........cheeky little hill in there as well for good measure. and on a nice day a great view of the stadium!!

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Am doing an hours speed running with others at Corals gym tomorrow evening, just in time to be back for the match!

Not sure about you SSB but speed running wasnt the same without the match to follow it.

Gentle run tomorrow followed by the game

Happy Running.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Have to agree. We were given the "three peaks" timed challenge:-

1. Up Snakey Hill
2. Up the path in Hove Park by the side of L&G offices
3. Gentle up hill near Corals

Spent the day working at home nice and cosy today and my lungs nearly jumped out when the cold air hit them!

Viva 7.15pm tomorrow...
Not sure about you SSB but speed running wasnt the same without the match to follow it.

Gentle run tomorrow followed by the game

Happy Running.

Get you! Good work.

Nice gentle 8 miler along the seafront for me today. Lovely day for it.

Well done. I ran 11.5 miles with the Brighton Marathon training group this am, from Saltdean, over the Downs. There must have been at least 150 of us!

For this time of year we have been blessed with the weather so far. Can't help feeling that sooner or later winter will hit us!

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Just done a 14 mile run. Windy on the seafront and got my shoes cleaned by the waves along the under cliff walk between Rottingdean and Ovingdean. Bargain. Off to Mother in laws now for a chicken dinner!

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Did 14 miles and then unfortunately turned on my ankle, rather sore now, its rested up watching Super Sunday, I'll put up with it for the sake of the ankle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here