Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

****Official Paralympic thread****

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
If you want to clear your head from the transfer rumour circus, ave a gander at the superhumans and post your thoughts up here.
Great 1st day for team G.B, third on the medals table behind china and the Aussies with 2 gold, 3 silver and 2 bronze. The gold medal stars for us being Sarah Storey in the velodrome and John fox in the pool.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Shame channel 4 haven't stepped up to the mark, was watching the cycling this morning and they went to an ad break, came back and "oh yes by the way this Chinese bloke has just smashed the world record" As bad as ITV.

Maybe they just hate the Chinese or was it a coincidence that they went to an ad break last night just as they were announced entering the stadium.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Shame channel 4 haven't stepped up to the mark, was watching the cycling this morning and they went to an ad break, came back and "oh yes by the way this Chinese bloke has just smashed the world record" As bad as ITV.

Maybe they just hate the Chinese or was it a coincidence that they went to an ad break last night just as they were announced entering the stadium.

Hmmmm
I know that the B.B.C coverage had it's critics for the main olympic games but I though they did an amazing job. And not wanting to put a downer on the Paralympics but the coverage on the channel 4 channels has been found wanting a little. There's the obviously annoying ad breaks plus too much time in the studio and not enough time on live events. Plus i though that the last leg show " an irreverent and funny look at the games" had a lot of potential. But after watching it, I found it rather flat and a bit disappointing.
Still, it's all about the athletes and not the coverage

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
I've been watching some of the swimming finals tonight - which were great - a few world records smashed too which is great - one thing we have all commented on though is how passionate and happy they all look - my niece is off up to the Olympic stadium next Friday with the school and really looking forwarded to seeing a few events.

I watched some of the women's basketball too - that was pretty impressive too.

The coverage is crap though I do agree and half the time after watching the bbc's coverage this is like watching a bad case of student telly or qvc!!!

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Watched G.B vs Germany wheelchair basketball last night, so exciting to watch. The lead changing hands so many times, crashes, tyre blow outs and a packed out crowd going mental.
Just a pity that G.B lost it in overtime

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think people are being harsh with C4's coverage. How many other years have we seen so much coverage for the Paralympics? Even as recently as Sydney and Athens (not sure about Beijing) there were an hour's highlights programme every night and that was it.

C4 don't have the resources that the BBC have, and have to an extent been caught out by the tidal wave of popular interest in the games as a knock on effect of the Olympics. Indeed, just before the Olympics started, seats for the now sold out Paralympics were readily available.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Channel 4 are awful about as bad as there coverage at the worlds.

I actually turned off today, and I love the Paralympics I think there an inspiration, but the presenters are shocking

You know there are at least 3 extra C4 channels for the paras ? Starting at 450 on Sky, some of the same channels Sky let the BBC have for the big show.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
You know there are at least 3 extra C4 channels for the paras ? Starting at 450 on Sky, some of the same channels Sky let the BBC have for the big show.

Thank you for that, I had no idea, I thought they were just on the internet as they were saying they were streams

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I think people are being harsh with C4's coverage. How many other years have we seen so much coverage for the Paralympics? Even as recently as Sydney and Athens (not sure about Beijing) there were an hour's highlights programme every night and that was it.

C4 don't have the resources that the BBC have, and have to an extent been caught out by the tidal wave of popular interest in the games as a knock on effect of the Olympics. Indeed, just before the Olympics started, seats for the now sold out Paralympics were readily available.

Its just so frustrating that they go to adverts at least 6 times an hour and then spend too much time in the studio rather than at the events.

Never thought I'd ever say it but thank god for Claire Balding

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Day 2 at the games and we get more lovely medals. 2 gold, 8 silver and 2 bronze,making that 20 medals and dropping to 5th in the medal table behind china, aussies, Ukraine and Russia.
A few athletes disappointed with silver but our Gold medal hero's today are Hannah Cockroft in 100metre wheelchair and Mark Colbourne breaks world record twice in the velodrome individual pursuit.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Thank you for that, I had no idea, I thought they were just on the internet as they were saying they were streams

Have to say it hasn't been well publicised. I just heard a broadcaster say "on the 3 c4 channels", so I wondered about that and went to look. When I couldn't see them on the normal bands, thought the 450 range was possible, like they did for the BBC and there they were.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Just seen the Richard Whitehead run in the 200m.
Jesus, simply amazing. I,ve never seen anything quite like that before in sport. 24.3 sec.

If you don't get the Para Olympics then watch this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here