Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

****Official Paralympic thread****

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Ellie WOW 5seconds of the world record that was insane that was amazing.

That american apparently is being reclassified as she is getting better or something

I've not followed it closely, but I think there were thoughts that her disability wasn't bad enough to class her as disabled, and therefore not eligible, but they ruled earlier in the week that she did qualify. No matter, Ellie blew her away, and I admit it brought tears to my eyes.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
I've not followed it closely, but I think there were thoughts that her disability wasn't bad enough to class her as disabled, and therefore not eligible, but they ruled earlier in the week that she did qualify. No matter, Ellie blew her away, and I admit it brought tears to my eyes.

Me too - amazing x

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011

Seems very complicated BBC Sport - Paralympics 2012: US swimmers Weggemann Zook reclassified

I have news on a new Paralympic sport that will be at 2016 thanks to a friend and a number of other people but i cant say what it is yet sadly.

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
Just seen the Richard Whitehead run in the 200m.
Jesus, simply amazing. I,ve never seen anything quite like that before in sport. 24.3 sec.

If you don't get the Para Olympics then watch this.

Just watched it myself, absolutely amazing. To come from that far behind and win by such a margin in a 200m race is absolutely phenomenal.

Jimmy Come Lately

Registered Loser
Oct 27, 2011
Hove
Wonderful atmosphere at the Olympic Park today. That place is amazing.

Also, wheelchair basketball is just as crunchingly full-on live as it looks on TV.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Day 3 at the games, and team G.B's best day so far. 5 gold 5 silver 7 bronze.
Our gold medal stars today were the brilliant Ellie simmods smashing the world 400 m freestyle record by 5 seconds.
Sarah storey won her second gold of the games by winning the 500m timetrial in the velodrome.
Neil Fachie and Barney Storey (husband of Sarah) in the 1 km tandem time trial.
Richard Whitehead brilliantly broke his own world record in the 200 metres at the Olympic stadium.
And rider Natasha Baker in the individual equestrian.
As a result of the heroics today, team G.B go back up to third in the medal table with 9 gold, 16 silver and 11 bronze. Behind china and Australia with 20 and 11 gold respectably. On day 3 we're slightly ahead of games medal target of 102 total medals.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346541104.407845.jpg

tweenster

Oct 16, 2009
Lincoln
Have sat down this morning to watch the Paralympics. Amazing.

I have to say, though, that the adverts on Channel 4 are really getting on my nerves.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Just can't seem to enjoy the Paralympics. It's almost like an anticlimax after the main Olympics. Nice to see GB doing well though in the medal table.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Just can't seem to enjoy the Paralympics. It's almost like an anticlimax after the main Olympics. Nice to see GB doing well though in the medal table.

In what way? Not a fan of world class sport?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here