Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

****Official Paralympic thread****

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
I was lucky enough to have a ticket for yesterdays swimming finals. Ellie Simmonds race was amazing not least because it seemed to be in the balance until she turned for the final 50m length and then the whole of the acquatics centre was on its feet and the atmosphere was truly amazing. There were other moments as well yesterday for me - one was the Men's 100m Breaststoke when one of the swimmers with no arms got Silver by beating 5 other competitiors with arms and when the Italian team got the crowd to join in by clapping the Italian National Anthem after one of their golds. The New Zealand Gold Medal winner also came into the crowd afterwards so that people could have their photos taken with her and her gold medal.

Aled Davies - Gold - fabulous!!!

I was lucky enough to be in the stadium this morning - wow - what an atmosphere and for his event it was just an incredible climax. Shame his ceremony wasn't in the same session but he took an hour to do his lap of honour signing zillions of autographs and having his picture taken and then loads of media stuff.

Enormous respect to ALL the competing athletes whether they come first or last - can't wait to go again next weekend

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Fantastic win

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
In what way? Not a fan of world class sport?

It's just I've been on the edge of my seat for the Olympics, then there was a two-week gap, and now the Paralympics have started, it might have been better to fit the Paralympics into the middle of the main Olympics.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Day 4, and best day yet for team G.B.
7 gold, 8 silver and 3 bronze. Meaning team G.B leap up a place to second in the medal table with 16 gold, 24 silver , 14 bronze, behind china who went on a gold frenzy today leaving them on 35 gold in total.
The gold medal stars today were -
Jessica- Jane Applegate setting a Paralympic record to win gold in the 200m freestyle in the pool.
Brightons Lee Pearson won his 10th Paralympic gold in the the equestrian and Sophie Christensen won gold in the individual dressage.
In an all British final at the velodrome, Anthony Kappes and pilot Craig Maclean beat team mates Neil Fachie and Barney storey in the tandem sprint.
Aled Davis strikes gold in the discus.
And in the the rowing at Eton Dorney, Britains Dave smith, James Roe, Naomi Riches and Pam Relph win gold in the coxed mixed four.
And after my hysteria earlier on, the day was ended on a big high with David Weir winning gold in the 5000 meters wheelchair.
Each day has seen greater and greater success for team G.B.
Heres to day 5

I just see my Bro on TV he has worked on both Olympics and the Paralympics, in the swimming pool, first time i seen him on camera today though. He needs to smile

It is a bit extreme for him to actually have to get in the pool to do his job - does he do the underwater camera shots - was he fully clothed ?

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
It is a bit extreme for him to actually have to get in the pool to do his job - does he do the underwater camera shots - was he fully clothed ?

He sorts out the medal awards, and a other stuff, he is the floor manager there. Pretty much his biggest job of his career.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here