Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Olympic Soccerball thread

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Well with 20 minutes to go, the UAE are doing a decent job against GB.

Nice passing football, great build-up to the goal.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Well they were... :)

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I've only really been watching GB in the soccer ball as I'm back for the summer and have a lot of time on my hands, but when Sturridge dinked that ball in tonight I found myself cheering. The Welsh have indeed been a major factor. Sod the anthem singing obsessed tabloid fuckwits, Bellamy got a great reception as he went off.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The refs are rubbish, there should have been about 4 spainish players left be the end the way there were barging and pushing the ref and more or less beating up a Honduras players at the corner flag towards the end.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Nearly back from the games tonight, a couple of points by now you'd have thought they have it smooth far from it, no card payments as technical error, so we then spent 20 mins hunting for the ATMs shown on the concourse guides nothing asked at info point oh no they're broken. So no food or drink then. Go back to seats get lent £20 by family que at kiosk for 35 mins to then be told no food left!

So our meal between two was a packet of watsits I had, missing the national anthems too.

When we left (as I expected) it then took an age to get to the tube. See picture attached and you thought Falmer station was bad :)!

Great result mind some great goals and the highlight of the evening was Suarez getting booed whole match, then through on goal and gets hacked down and the whole stadium on its feet cheering and clapping the player as he was walking to the tunnel!

Even bumped into two sets of BHA fans!

Decode

Jan 25, 2010
Saw a fair few Albion shirts and a couple of Palace. :p

Was a bit of a strange atrmosphere, Mexican waves, rythmic clapping as free-kicks are taken.

Got asked to sit down during the warm-up, because the people couldn't see behind, which is a first. There was a group of about 10 Mongolians next to us, who turned up for the first half of the GB game, got their pictures taken at half time and then just went home!

Senegal were good, everyone seemed to be supporting them, two wingers were very dangerous. Harsh red card, did the ref think it was a goalscoring chance?

GB played ok, Cleverly barely put a foot wrong, great passing. Strurridge made a huge difference as well, Sordell was poor.

Stadium was half empty at the end, people leaving with about 20 mins to go! Makes the Amex look good. But there was a bit of queue for the Tube, but it wasn't too bad, as most had left.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Escape-to-victory-6-13-101.jpg
[/IMG]

:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here