Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Leafs vs Sens thread

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
I should not have said previously that Lalime is hot. Really the man is a sieve. 17 shots 2 goals? If Ottawa made it beyond round one surely Philly would pot about 8 goals a night.

Go Leafs Go (god I hate that - can't we come up with something better).

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
driddles, you could use similar logic on the Leafs' defence. Allowing 37 shots to 17 suggests a team in the next round would fire so much rubber at Eddie (the Eagle? - surely not a Palarse scummer!) that he wouldn't emerge alive.

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
Nope. Playoffs are about hot goalies you can trust. Fire 50 at him if you like. If Belfour is on 50 a night won't get you through. Really what Ottawa needs to do is crowd the front of the net. Get on Belfours nerves. Get him to take a couple of slashing penalties. If, as you suggest, the Leafs defense is letting Ottawa get away with too much then Ottawa should have no trouble getting in front of Belfour.

Anyway, I fully agree with you when you say it's a shame that two teams this good meet in round one. I would support Ottawa long before I support the bloody Habs!

Juan yeah the Bruins are innit so could win it. But their chances are pretty slim.

I would love to see more games in the play offs, i get to see some the next day on NASN. But i just wish i was on the other side of the pond right now.

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
I am heading to Tampa for 2 weeks on Saturday so I hope Tampa stay in it. You can still buy tickets for Tampa home games at face value (singles). I would like to see some decent live playoff hockey.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
driddles said:
I would support Ottawa long before I support the bloody Habs!
Yeah, it's a tough life being a Leafs fan - they haven't won the Stanley Cup for about 3 decades and just down the road live the Habs - the most successful sporting franchise in North America, if not the world.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Simster said:
Yeah, it's a tough life being a Leafs fan - they haven't won the Stanley Cup for about 3 decades and just down the road live the Habs - the most successful sporting franchise in North America, if not the world.

The Montreal Canadiens have won the most Stanley Cups, capturing the Cup 24 times. The Toronto Maple Leafs come in second with 13 Cup wins. The highest-ranking American team is the Detroit Red Wings with 10 wins.

Often touted as the most difficult trophy to win in professional sports, each member of the winning Stanley Cup team gets to take possession of the trophy for 24 hours. This has resulted in a number of stories about the treatment of the trophy itself: A member of the 1905 Ottawa club drop kicked onto a frozen canal, retrieving it the next day; the 1924 Canadiens left it by a roadside after repairing a flat tire and both the 1991 Pittsburgh Penguins and 1993 Habs tested its buoyancy properties in players' swimming pools. "The Stanley Cup," Guy Carbonneau observed, "does not float".

Leafs last won it in '67...bout bloody time it went there again. Also good to see the nearest American team has to win it 14 times to catch Montreal. American NHL my ass:salute:

Juan Albion

Happy Seagull said:
Juan yeah the Bruins are innit so could win it. But their chances are pretty slim.

I'm surprised at your negativity. They won the Northeast Division (ahead of Toronto and Ottawa) and were second overall in the Eastern Conference. I'm sure they didn't get there by default.

Juan Albion

driddles said:
Really what Ottawa needs to do is crowd the front of the net. Get on Belfours nerves. Get him to take a couple of slashing penalties. If, as you suggest, the Leafs defense is letting Ottawa get away with too much then Ottawa should have no trouble getting in front of Belfour.

Guess what they were practising all morning yesterday...

Juan Albion said:
I'm surprised at your negativity. They won the Northeast Division (ahead of Toronto and Ottawa) and were second overall in the Eastern Conference. I'm sure they didn't get there by default.

The fact that I want them to win out of all the others is why i'm so negative. I'll be the kiss of death for them :nono:

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
Complete and utter bs! Amazing both of Ottawas wins come with the same ref. How the hell was the trip which knocked Sundin out (possibly of the playoffs) not called? Clearly a penalty shot which could have tied the game at 2.

Ottawa better hope this blind man refs at least 2 more games if they are going to take it.

Juan Albion

driddles said:
Complete and utter bs! Amazing both of Ottawas wins come with the same ref. How the hell was the trip which knocked Sundin out (possibly of the playoffs) not called? Clearly a penalty shot which could have tied the game at 2.

Ottawa better hope this blind man refs at least 2 more games if they are going to take it.

Nonsense, there was no penalty to call on the Sundin incident.

Now if my mathematics is correct, Mr Belfour has now let in more goals than Mr Lalime. :lolol:

Tonight would be Leafs 1 Senators 4.

The Toronto OAPs are dropping like flies. They are just too old.

Last edited:

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
I suspect you are drunk or corrupt! (or maybe I am :D )

Sundin was clearly tripped on a breakaway.

Best 2 out of 3. Of course with our top 2 out the tables are turned. I still think the scum from Ottawa go down.

Blue & White til I die (really Juan how could you?)

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
Well I can't argue with that logic.

Anyway I am off to Tampa for 2 weeks so I need to rely on ESPN for updates from here on out - C'mon Toronto. If they take out Ottawa they could meet Tampa next and I could get cheap tickets for a couple of games.

Juan Albion

What annoys me is that I have just had an email from the Sens offering me tickets for Game 6 on Sunday and I can't afford them. :(

Went up there for a Leafs/Sens playoff game two years ago and it was spectacular (and the Leafs lost!!)

alfredsson_76839.jpg

Last edited:

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
I checked ticketmaster. If Tampa / Islanders have a game 7 I can get a seat for $35 - and they are still available!

I have been a lifelong Leaf fan but I have only seen 1 playoff game. I just don't have that kind of money. Maybe I should move to Tampa!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here