Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*Official Germany v Serbia Match Thread*

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
We'll do Germany & from what I've seen so far there's no one to fear in this world cup!

It does seem like every team has weaknesses that means they're not as fearsome as we thought they'd be before the tournament.

However, we have yet to really click, which doesn't fill me with confidence we can take advantage of the weaknesses.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It's Pat Nevin on the radio, and what he's is saying the while the tackles were not vicious or nasty, they (certainly the second one) was from behind, and that if you have a ref who is behaving like this, then don't put yourself in a position where you give him the excuse to get booked, which is exactly what Klose did.

About right :thumbsup:

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
The red card was a joke. The second foul was never a yellow card. I wouldn't even argue that Klose was stupid, since to me it looked like a fairly routine attempt to win the ball.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It's Pat Nevin on the radio, and what he's is saying the while the tackles were not vicious or nasty, they (certainly the second one) was from behind, and that if you have a ref who is behaving like this, then don't put yourself in a position where you give him the excuse to get booked, which is exactly what Klose did.

Spot on that.

The bookings are harsh but certainly not outrageously wrong

Dandyman

In London village.
Loving it. Serbia one up and the TRAITOR sent off. :clap2:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Think this has highlighted just how poor Australia were against Germany. Their defence was so flat that Germany had a field day. Serbia proving a different prospect all together.

Still fancy Germany to go on a win this though - even with ten men - which, with this idiot ref, is bound to be evened up at some point anyway.

Australia played with 6 midfielders on the pitch, they didn't have a recognised forward playing for them, Serbia however are a different proposition, Serbia are ranked 15th in the world so are no push over.

Who knows, without Klose in the next game an losing this one they may go out in the group stage (wishful thinking i know)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Australia played with 6 midfielders on the pitch, they didn't have a recognised forward playing for them, Serbia however are a different proposition, Serbia are ranked 15th in the world so are no push over.

Who knows, without Klose in the next game an losing this one they may go out in the group stage (wishful thinking i know)

And USA are ranked 14th and people thought our draw was a bad result :facepalm:

England are going to win the world cup, I'm convinced.

And if this means that we end up getting Germany in the next round we will do them for sure.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
8 minutes without a booking, in this half. Did he leave his cards in the changies, at half time?

Dandyman

In London village.
TRAITOR 2 shoots wide...:lolol:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Germany WANT to lose... vene when Srbrska are giving them a helping HAND

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Well done Mick McCarthy, slags off the goalie - he saves a penalty a few minutes later.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here