:vuvu2::vuvu2::vuvu2:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A win for my 2nd team against the team I most like to see lose :thumbsup:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I think the krauts will probably still get 6 points and win on goal difference.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Klose and Ozil are German. Podolski has lived in Germany since he was what, 2? Cacau ok but there were plenty of English people wanting Almunia/Cudicini to play for us? The whole not german thing is very :yawn:

Nope... he is dual nationality... Turkish and German... but as said... its only banter... Podolski and Klose however....... Germans always stealing Poles when they cant invade!!!! :tantrum:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
He has been brilliant in this game - calling ref a clown was great. :clap2:

One of the few good things about BBC's coverage.

Also called one of the Serbian players a "TART" when he rolled over for a free kick :lolol:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Bloody stupid Germans, had Klose and Lahm in my Fantasy team I thought easy points but oh no. They best win the group though really don't want to face them in the next round

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Not sure it was deliberate. Looked to be going for a flying headed clearance but mis-judged the flight of the ball

Didn't complain much about the booking and penalty though did he. Think he was probably just glad not to have seen red with this ref.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
But...

Unless they've changed the rules, when teams finish level on points, the first separator is not goal difference, it's the result between the two teams.

In which case, Serbia would finish higher.

What happens if the Germans beat Ghana and Serbia beat the aussies? They'd have all beaten one of the other two and lost to the other. Would it be goal difference between the three teams?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
What happens if the Germans beat Ghana and Serbia beat the aussies? They'd have all beaten one of the other two and lost to the other. Would it be goal difference between the three teams?

I've just looked it up. It looks like (according to the Telegraph) they HAVE reverted to goal difference being the first decider.

But in that scenario, (the one that operated before) goal difference would have been the next decider.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003

1.greatest number of points in all group matches;
2.goal difference in all group matches;
3.greatest number of goals scored in all group matches;
4.greatest number of points in matches between tied teams;
5.goal difference in matches between tied teams;
6.greatest number of goals scored in matches between tied teams;
7.drawing of lots by the FIFA Organising Committee.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
the aussies would end up with f*** all which is by far the most important stat in my book.

i think you will find it's GD first though...

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
But...

Unless they've changed the rules, when teams finish level on points, the first separator is not goal difference, it's the result between the two teams.

In which case, Serbia would finish higher.

Yes, but if Ghana beat the Aussies and lose to the Germans then it will be 3 teams on 6 points. I think (not sure) that in this case it will be down to the results between the 3 teams, ie goals scored/conceded against Oz will be discounted. If it's still equal, ie if Germany beat Ghana 1-0, then it will go to overall goal difference and the goals against Oz would be counted.

I stand to be corrected, but this is how they do it in the Champions League group stages.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Spain, France, Germany, just hope England don't follow the trend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here