Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*Official Germany v Serbia Match Thread*

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
OK... the red was a bit harsh but to completely fall apart like Germany have since then has been criminal

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
There really was nothing in the second yellow, in my opinion

Just going by what they said on the radio, though he now after the yellow for celebrating, is saying that the ref seems to be getting carried away and doesn't think he'll be reffing the final.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Just going by what they said on the radio, though he now after the yellow for celebrating, is saying that the ref seems to be getting carried away and doesn't think he'll be reffing the final.

Well the guy jumped over a barrier, and celebrated with the crowd. Which is always a yellow card.

Sounds like the radio presenter is clueless.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Oh-oh... don't we get germany if they finish second and we win our group?

COME ON GERMANY!!!!!

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005

Set his stall early on with bookings and has been forced to continue.

Germans hit the bar!

Johnny Fever

Jan 11, 2010
I have got no sympathy here.
The ref had made it very clear that he was not going to accept the constant fouling, and breaking up of play that was obviously in the Germans game plan.
Close is already on a yellow and he goes in from behind while chasing back. What the hell is in his mind.
Everything fell into place for them in the first game. Now 1-nil down with 10 men its all forgotten.
Game on. Come on Serbia

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
On the radio the co commentator is saying the ref is actually making the right decision. That both tackles were from behind and that every card the ref has given in the game has been the right decision, even though it seems unfair that Klose has made two foul challenges and is off.

Well then that co commentator is a cock.

All the bookings have been soft. Ref has set the game up so that now almost any tackle is going to result in a yellow.

The referee's a WANKER !

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Didn't see the first Klose card, but the second one was a stonewall-miss-the-ball tackle from behind! McCarthy is meant to be a manager and can't see it :ohmy:

Looking back it was a bit silly of Klose who already booked has seen the ref give quite a few other yellows. But still looks overly harsh to me

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Didn't see the first Klose card, but the second one was a stonewall-miss-the-ball tackle from behind! McCarthy is meant to be a manager and can't see it :ohmy:

I agree and having seen the highlights, it's clear that Klose got a warning before the first card. It's no good moaning about the ref, that red card's perfectly reasonable

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I think i must have sabotaged the Germans, I brought Klose and Lahm into my dream team this morning :facepalm:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Think this has highlighted just how poor Australia were against Germany. Their defence was so flat that Germany had a field day. Serbia proving a different prospect all together.

Still fancy Germany to go on a win this though - even with ten men - which, with this idiot ref, is bound to be evened up at some point anyway.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
It's Pat Nevin on the radio, and what he's is saying the while the tackles were not vicious or nasty, they (certainly the second one) was from behind, and that if you have a ref who is behaving like this, then don't put yourself in a position where you give him the excuse to get booked, which is exactly what Klose did.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here