Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official FALMER WEBCAM Merged Threads

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Is that large gap at the back of the East Stand going to be kept open ?

I know someone will say its to keep the pitch more 'ventilated', but it seems a bit harsh if you're sitting there underneath it all getting the wind and rain coming in at 45 degrees.

beardosh

Insert witty comment here
Dec 14, 2009
no but the seating guys seem to be the least effective on the planet - unless they are frantically installing on the West stand and are obscured by the fog.

If you zoom in on the west stand yesterday they have installed quite a bit of seating rails on the left hand side of the stand. For some reason they got bored of completing the East stand and started over there.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That's the irrigation pipes I believe

I saw blue pipes (which Natterjack said were peforated for drainage) white pipes and those black pipes pictured going into the gullies that were dug. Maybe they were all laid at the same time.
It looks like sand that's being spread now.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I know it's been said before but it really is amazing just how wet that east stand gets even with just a little misty rain. Might have to rethink my back row of the east ticket plan.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I know it's been said before but it really is amazing just how wet that east stand gets even with just a little misty rain. Might have to rethink my back row of the east ticket plan.

The Lower West isn't exactly dry today near the front

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Depending upon wind direction most of the ground will be wet the finer and mistier the rain, a decent downpour will result in few getting wet

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Do we have any programme dates that we know of for the various stages that will be unmissable webcam watching?

I'm thinking the arrival and completion of soil, grass, and SEATS!

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Do we have any programme dates that we know of for the various stages that will be unmissable webcam watching?

I'm sure someone said that seats started in the next 2 weeks. When you think about it, it's going to take them at least a few weeks (presumably) to put them in so March time sounds reasonable!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Soil and seats I can understand.
But as for the grass, it'll be just like - well, watching grass grow.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
But as for the grass, it'll be just like - well, watching grass grow.

Alright, Me Pedantic, the sowing of the seeds. Because from that moment I wilhing from one day to the next to see the green tinge begin to appear. But no, I won't be watching the growth develop with each and ever 15 mins webcam update. :laugh:

saslowi

Feb 2, 2009
Alright, Me Pedantic, the sowing of the seeds. Because from that moment I wilhing from one day to the next to see the green minge begin to appear. But no, I won't be watching the growth develop with each and ever 15 mins webcam update. :laugh:

Have I misread this quote?

Last Summer

well f*ck a duck!
Jun 12, 2008
The Hill
Oh dear... Could we be in for our first law suit??
It appears at 10am today we decapitated a poor gent in a cherry picker! :wrong:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
284 days and 21 hours progress. From the first shot from the new webcam position to the present day state...

Attachments

• Falmer33.JPG
    Falmer33.JPG
    187.5 KB · Views: 261
Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here