Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official FALMER WEBCAM Merged Threads

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
More pipes?! Don't think so! More mud, then GRASS.

Wrong I think. The blue pipes were drainage, the black pipes were for the sprinkler system. Undersoil heating pipes go in next. They'll be narrower pipes and aligned much more closely together. Then more mud and grass seed.

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
That is one of the most satisfying videos ive ever watched ;)

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
Cheers So.CalGull. Aren't we doing something a bit clever with the use of synthetics in the pitch (Desso or something similar)? I recall seeing a Desso Grassmaster video of their installation at Cardiff, but I'm unsure now which supplier / system we're using now....which will have a bearing on timescales.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Wrong I think. The blue pipes were drainage, the black pipes were for the sprinkler system. Undersoil heating pipes go in next. They'll be narrower pipes and aligned much more closely together. Then more mud and grass seed.
I thought this, but someone I know who works at the club, insisits the undersoil heating is already in. Its not pipes its on sheets, along the lines of the sort you get in bathrooms, but on an industral scale. If it was those sheets that went in a while back, I'd have thought they'd be too deep to defrost anything!!

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Wow, I don't quite get it but one crazy knitting machine, he said it takes about three weeks to do a pitch and it sews in 20 million fibres, deep into the pitch.

It will be fun to watch that machine slowly move around the pitch, results look fantastic and prevent bald patches on the pitch.

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
I'm sure it's this stuff but not sure of the supplier.

Fibrelastic evolution of Sports Turf, Sports Pitches

Cheers Whitelion. Clicking the link and having a quick scan through, it is definitely this one (the Albion Badge is the 1st clue & if you click on the "news" tab there is an article re: Albion being latest client). There's also an interesting article from "The Groundsman" magazine with Steve Winterburn about the choice of product!

Looks like they've got John Inverdale spreading the word for them and the photo of the Ibrox pitch looks fantastic.

It looks like there's "knitting" involve ala Desso and that the mix they've just spread on the pitch could be the Fibrelastic Rootzone? If so, it appears that they "simply" add the topsoil & seeds and off they go.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Cheers Whitelion. Clicking the link and having a quick scan through, it is definitely this one (the Albion Badge is the 1st clue & if you click on the "news" tab there is an article re: Albion being latest client). There's also an interesting article from "The Groundsman" magazine with Steve Winterburn about the choice of product!

Thanks to you too Nobby. Didn't have the patience yesterday to browse this website.

The Groundsman December 2010

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here