Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official FALMER WEBCAM Merged Threads

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I hope they will be sowing quick growing grass. Only 4 months until the first match.

I heard that it would be ready 5 weeks after seeding.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Reckon the driver's been over the Swan for his lunch break.
Or maybe just showing his artistic side?

Great new pics on the club website. Aerial views of our beauty, looks positively gleaming!

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
I was told at my presentation today that the black cylinder type things in front of the north stand (right hand side) are the under soil heating. It will be hot water and thermostat controlled. He also said you will be able to turn parts on while leaving others off, e.g. if one of the goal mouth were frozen.

After that, a top soil will be laid on top.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Now that the SE corner is being concreted, the corner has started to become enclosed. Not long before you won't be able to see anything inside from the viewing gallery.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Was down at Falmer yesterday, the seats are due to go in last week of the month, but we are a day behind schedule apparently. Pitch is 3 weeks from having grass seeded.

Currenty a day behind schedule overall but they hope this can be made up during the next few weeks.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I don't understand how this will work, as the pipes seem to be being laid length wise down the pitch. Shirly if you only needed to defrost one goal mouth the pipes would need to run width ways across the pitch?

Didn't you know that we have a shoal of pufferfish that swim down the pipes, then expand to stop the heating of the areas that don't need it?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
But then if you need to defrost the wing in the shadow of the West stand, it would need to run length ways, perhaps they are doing the length first then the width on top

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
If I remember correctly (which is dubious!) from my Emirates Tour the water is always in the pipes, from a control box or PC they can 'Turn On' any section of Pipes thus warming the water up inside...therefore the ability to heat any section of pitch.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The pipe laying looks like it will be finished today at the rate the little green tractor is going.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
But then if you need to defrost the wing in the shadow of the West stand, it would need to run length ways, perhaps they are doing the length first then the width on top

ees complicated

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here