Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official FALMER WEBCAM Merged Threads

windowlicker

Aug 22, 2009
judging by the length of those roofing beams the first few rows will still get wet when the wind is blowing the rain that way. they seem really short

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Looks as though the crane is finally letting go of the arch :falmer:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
judging by the length of those roofing beams the first few rows will still get wet when the wind is blowing the rain that way. they seem really short

It's only the away fans-they'll be happy that they can see the pitch. Don't want to spoil them.

wodge

Nov 15, 2009
That South stand roof definitely looks like it won't cover the front couple of rows, even when the extra end parts are stuck on. Glad I won't be sitting there

All will be fine, that's just the angle of the webcam. The line of the roof is a few feet past the front of the terrace.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
All will be fine, that's just the angle of the webcam. The line of the roof is a few feet past the front of the terrace.

I think the front edges of the roof will be above the edges of the pitch.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
The back wall at the top of the West Stand has (apart from the one gap) been finished too, I assume in anticipation of starting the West roof build. Ooooo the drama! :falmer:

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Yup, you have to assume they need to finish the roof to keep the arch held up so they can then remove the supports and THEN finally finish the bottom tier terracing.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
In case you didn't know, the bars (marked between the black badly drawn lines) ring the complete roof around the stadium. It is this ring of steel that holds the roof in place.

Only once the whole framework of the roof is complete can the supports be taken down.
The designers will be standing under the roof when this happens (at least that's what MP and RH joke, or is it a joke?)

The ring is marked on the webcam image below too.

Attachments

• ring.jpg
    ring.jpg
    837.2 KB · Views: 179
  • ring 2.jpg
    ring 2.jpg
    372.8 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
In case you didn't know, the bars (marked between the black badly drawn lines) ring the complete roof around the stadium. It is this ring of steel that holds the roof in place.

Only once the whole framework of the roof is complete can the supports be taken down.

i see. how do you know these things!? :clap2:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I listened to the talk that MP gave on Friday, and also what RH said last night. :thumbsup:

What they said was if you have a circle of people holding their neighbour's hands, and they all lean back together, they will not fall over because of this ring made by their arms. Same principle.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Those black lines are all over the shop Ev. I suggest a couple of beers to get the hands to stop shaking - it always works for me. :jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here