Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official FALMER WEBCAM Merged Threads

lighthouse

Feb 27, 2008
north hampshire
I think you will find this is an artists impression not a architects drawing, I mean what is that defender doing playing everybody onside

I think you must be right. If you look at the shadow of the roof over the pitch, it must mean that the sun is in the East (as it is behind the East Stand). The sun is in the east at about 9 o'clock in the morning.

With such an early kick off, no wonder the defender is a bit sleepy.

wodge

Nov 15, 2009
Have a look at the picture I posted above, I have highlighted the rope in red.
its on the ground.

Well I think it's just hanging in front of the terrace :p

The same as how the third beam is now up and the guide rope appears to be 'resting' on the third step back, it ain't, it's just hanging in mid air.

Let's agree to differ and wait for Jack Straw's next update fella :thumbsup:

I have not noticed any Foul Water sewers being laid, where are they?

The main sewer lines around the stadium are yet to be laid although works will commence shortly behind the East Stand. Sewer runs beneath the East and North stands are completed (out as far as the building) with works currently ongoing to the North Stand area and West Stand Basement.

In addition there has been a sewer diversion constructed behind the East Stand to allow for the concourse and also upgraded a long section of existing sewer on the access pathway past the railway bridge.

Rambo

Don't Push me
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
The main sewer lines around the stadium are yet to be laid although works will commence shortly behind the East Stand. Sewer runs beneath the East and North stands are completed (out as far as the building) with works currently ongoing to the North Stand area and West Stand Basement.

In addition there has been a sewer diversion constructed behind the East Stand to allow for the concourse and also upgraded a long section of existing sewer on the access pathway past the railway bridge.

Interesting stuff, thanks.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes

Can we organise a diversion of the sewer pipe to end up in a large tank above the south stand - with a 'press button to open' option on the tank for when our friends from Crystal Palace pay us a visit?

:jester:

NJ, can you answer my question a few pages back (whilst you were on holiday) :) about the protruding metal plate on the dogs head, its bugging me :thumbsup:

The 'Dogs Tongue' is important as the roof rafters connect to it to transfer the loading through to the foundations below.

Here's a pic taken earlier of the South East Connection from beneath which illustrates.

dogs tongue.jpg

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
NJ-what's with the big crane? It's getting bigger. Thought its work was done?

newhaven seagull 85

SELDOM IN NEWHAVEN
Dec 3, 2006
I think you will find this is an artists impression not a architects drawing, I mean what is that defender doing playing everybody onside

yes its an artists impression! after all why would you play football in the morning as the shadow is coming over the east stand . they could have used an artist who knows when games are played.

of course i should have read the rest of the thread

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
In order to place the West Stand roof rafters the crane had to be extended to reach over the Arch. (there's no space to do it from the back due to the close proximity of the steep embankment to the university.)

:thumbsup:

Thanks for the info.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Shame you couldn't make it on Monday, Norman.
I understand that it is probably the most tiring day.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Just had a quick look on the webcam...if you zoom right up to the maximum it looks like the tunnel walls are now in place...not hard to imagine players running right out from there and onto the pitch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here