Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official FALMER WEBCAM Merged Threads

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
My hands are shaking cos I've just had a :tosser: thinking about it.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
The south stand roof definitely looks well short of the front of the terracing

Are we sure it's going to fit ?

???

Why anyone is doubting such a basic thing is beyond me. As far I understand what we can see is the roof support; the roof WILL extend beyond this.

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
Why anyone is doubting such a basic thing is beyond me. As far I understand what we can see is the roof support; the roof WILL extend beyond this.

judging by this picture i dont think it will be extended any further unless the images are old. i think it is just the angle of the webcam maybe side on photos will be taken of the roof this friday to find out!

Falmer_stadium_inside.jpg

beardosh

Insert witty comment here
Dec 14, 2009
Anyone know what the giant metal tube-like things are that have appeared behind the north west corner? Dropped off by lorries this morning.

dingobruce

Oct 21, 2009
SE4 9UL
I think the roof design has changed quite a bit, for example there are no holes in the steels now, they are solid. And also if you look on the webcam the North Stand roof has had extensions that go beyond where the truss is...

Picture 9.jpg

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
judging by this picture i dont think it will be extended any further unless the images are old. i think it is just the angle of the webcam maybe side on photos will be taken of the roof this friday to find out!

Falmer_stadium_inside.jpg

I think you will find this is an artists impression not a architects drawing, I mean what is that defender doing playing everybody onside

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
That South stand roof definitely looks like it won't cover the front couple of rows, even when the extra end parts are stuck on. Glad I won't be sitting there

In the left hand picture you can see the guiding rope still attached to the end over the south stand, acting as a “plumb bob” it clearly show the end is in line with the second step.

Looking at the right picture on the north stand toy can see there is still and end piece still to be fitted so the stand will be covering all the seats.

Attachments

• bits.jpg
    bits.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 240

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Anyone know what the giant metal tube-like things are that have appeared behind the north west corner? Dropped off by lorries this morning.

They were driven into the site last around 9 ish i follow them up the road.
Its a corrugated galvanised tube not very thick, maybe, for concrete support or heat and venting, but seems a bit early for 1st fix.

wodge

Nov 15, 2009
In the left hand picture you can see the guiding rope still attached to the end over the south stand, acting as a “plumb bob” it clearly show the end is in line with the second step.

Looking at the right picture on the north stand toy can see there is still and end piece still to be fitted so the stand will be covering all the seats.

Optical illusion, it only looks like it's in line with the second step because the end of the guiding rope is a few feet off the ground, if it was five feet shorter it would look like it's in line with the 5th step back. If it stretched to the ground it would be on the dirt and not the terrace, i don't think the first beam is even above the terrace.

Last edited:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
As we all know, the fact is that rain doesn't tend to fall down perpendicular tot he ground. We know that rain will drift into the front rows and those likely to bare the brunt of it are those in the East and North Stands because the prevailing wind comes from the South West.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Optical illusion, it only looks like it's in line with the second step because the end of the guiding rope is a few feet off the ground, if it was five feet shorter it would look like it's in line with the 5th step back. If it stretched to the ground it would be on the dirt and not the terrace, i don't think the first beam is even above the terrace.

The rope is clearly seen resting on the second step. its not 5 feet off the ground ???

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
11.30 shot, i dont think there going to fit all of that crane in the Weldex van are they?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here