Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official FALMER WEBCAM Merged Threads

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
For anyone interested in the drawing submitted with the planning application, I've knocked up a quick site to make it easier to find and access the various images.

Frankly, the descriptions of the documents on the planning app are pretty poor, so the only option is to open the large PDF files to see if it might be useful.

I've made thumbnails and then added a description and a link to the original document on the Brighton and Hove planning portal. Might be useful for those of us who are constantly trying to work out what we are looking at on the webcam and on JS's pictures.

Any way it's here - http://www.brighton-and-hove.co.uk

Note - the links open slowly because they are quite large files.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
For anyone interested in the drawing submitted with the planning application, I've knocked up a quick site to make it easier to find and access the various images.

Frankly, the descriptions of the documents on the planning app are pretty poor, so the only option is to open the large PDF files to see if it might be useful.

I've made thumbnails and then added a description and a link to the original document on the Brighton and Hove planning portal. Might be useful for those of us who are constantly trying to work out what we are looking at on the webcam and on JS's pictures.

Thanks TRHK, this is tremendously useful.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Thanks TRHK - thats brilliant. I've been on the planning site a few times and it takes ages to find anything. Not any more though. :bowdown:

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

Good work sir !

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Did anyone notice today's webcam pic at about 3pm I think - bottom centre - just below the south - is that a baby noo-noo? :love:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

Very useful. Thanks. :)

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Another 'keep it near the top' tactic - looks like they're getting ready to start on the middle section of the arch.

Yeah. I think you're right. Although we cant really tell because of the position of the webcam (oops - bit of whinge - soz).

Hopefully NJ can give us a bit more of an update later and then the mighty JS will roll into town once again tomorrow.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I went to the site yesterday afternoon - about 5.15.

All shrouded in fog and lights. The fog on the Village Way South site looked like it disappeared to the edge of the world.

The arches are sitting there on their stepping stones on white and shiny and spangly and big. Then you had that Swiss Army crane thing on site.

THAT THING IS JUST ABSOLUTELY f***ing ENORMOUS

Like, huge.

Very, very big indeed.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I went to the site yesterday afternoon - about 5.15.

All shrouded in fog and lights. The fog on the Village Way South site looked like it disappeared to the edge of the world.

The arches are sitting there on their stepping stones on white and shiny and spangly and big. Then you had that Swiss Army crane thing on site.

THAT THING IS JUST ABSOLUTELY f***ing ENORMOUS

Like, huge.

Very, very big indeed.

Can you see it from Lewes ?

matildaseagull

Aug 12, 2003
Good Old Sussex
I trundled along the A27 yesterday and was blown away by the size of the shiny arch! And by that rickety looking bit of Meccano that's gonna hoist the things into place. We're getting a stadium, la la la la laaaaaaaaaaa

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here