Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official FALMER WEBCAM Merged Threads

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I like the way in the 10:30 picture this morning it appears to be giving the villagers a giant two fingered salute.

It's been doing that since 7am!

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I am liking this one at the moment

Attachments

• falmer.JPG
    falmer.JPG
    115.2 KB · Views: 413

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
It's been doing that since 7am!

Sorry! I don't do 7am...

I bet Mrs Cu*tress and DeVagi are enjoying the pace of construction as much as we are.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
And the latest ones have the arch end in full view.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

1st Arch photo

From a different angle to the web cam. You can start to appreciate the size of the structure being assembled.

The furthest set of containers will be added to with another container and a stillage placed above - this will make up 1/3 of the total truss length to be assembled :ohmy:

arch.jpg

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
From a different angle to the web cam. You can start to appreciate the size of the structure being assembled.

The furthest set of containers will be added to with another container and a stillage placed above - this will make up 1/3 of the total truss length to be assembled :ohmy:

View attachment 12608

Thanks NJ-appreciate your information and pictures. Those 2 arches are going to be impressive when completed, don't get them muddy or splashed with concrete.

So, you assemble the arch for the East Stand supported by temporary, erm, supports and then, start the roof, attach it to the arch and then lower it all into place? Is that roughly how it works?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Not at all, sure I read the Arch is going up in 4 weeks but seems tight timescale to hae a roof done hence why thought maybe arch goes up then the roof

Shoot me , I'm not a stadium builder

The whole purpose of the arch is to hold the roof up, well in reality they hold each other up, in the same way all the spokes in a wheel work together, ( some compression and other tension).
So yes the arch has to go up first, then the roof is built an when all self supporting each other the temporary supports get taken down.

By using this system it avoids have any roof supports sited between the paying guests and the pitch, so everyone get an un-obscured "parabolic" view

Last edited:

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
The crain is HUGE walked past this morning on way to uni and f**k me it dominates the area! LOVE IT!! Don't think they could have got a bigger one! :yahoo:

Stopped to have a quick look at lunchtime and that crane is indeed HUMUNGOUS, and very pretty with it in all those nice bright colours. There were lorries moving more soil and chalk onto the other side of Village Way.

Get your arses down to the site, well worth it, there seems to be an atmosphere of great EXCITEMENT:falmer:

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
So this is just the titchy little arch for the East Stand. Can't wait to see the one for the West Stand :eek:

Am I the only one starting to think that this stadium is a snip at £69 million?:smile:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Somewhere between the two prices. The largest one includes a lot of non stadium preparation stuff too.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
So this is just the titchy little arch for the East Stand. Can't wait to see the one for the West Stand :eek:

Am I the only one starting to think that this stadium is a snip at £69 million?:smile:

I think, NJ will correct me if wrong, but the actual arches are identical is size for both stands,

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

I thought that both arches were going to be the same size?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Good job they had those containers lying around. Which one is your bedroom NJ.:whistle:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here