Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official FALMER WEBCAM Merged Threads

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Another 'keep it near the top' tactic - looks like they're getting ready to start on the middle section of the arch.

The “dogs head” has not been finished on the south end thrust block and the north end thrust block is not up to height, so i would guess it will be some while before we see the arch lifted.

Site photographs

East Stand floor area (view from south looking North)

east stand ground floor from south.jpg

South East 'Dogs Head' main steel prior to concrete

South east dogs head.jpg

Middle Arch Section, lay-down area preparation

middle arch area.jpg

North East Thrust wall area

north east thrust area.jpg

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
brilliant pics, thanks very much

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Great pics NJ, as ever. When do they get to start hacking away the chalk opposite the east stand? Presumably once the arch is up and the poly buildings are dust?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Could you clean up when you've finished please - the place looks a right old site.

BTW in that first picture, is that a skeleton dogdem you've got riding around? Are there going going to be there to go round when the stadium opens?

Last edited:

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
3rd picture down, is that a man balancing on the end of the crane arm? That's an impressive trick.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I just love seeing these pics... I will try and come down early on Saturday and see it in the flesh before the visit to Withdean... it might just help take the pain away :)

johnnyrocketpants

Mar 7, 2009
3rd picture down, is that a man balancing on the end of the crane arm? That's an impressive trick.

Certainly is. But the impressive trick is when the crane goes up to 300 feet and he bungee-jumps through one of the vomitories into NJ's teacup.
Watch out for the results on the 16.00 web cam pic........

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Just got back from having a nice walk round the site. The first thing that struck me was just how big that crane is. It dominates the site as you trundle down the A27. Weighs about 200 tons, so I was told (maybe NJ can correct that if he knows better).

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    866.1 KB · Views: 2,340

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Blimey Everest. It's as big as..erm..Everest? Fantastic photo by the way. :thumbsup:

I didn't want to put the full size photo up (3056 x 4592 pix, as opposed to this one at 700 x 1050). You can guess what that would do to the page!

A few other photos to be added very shortly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here