Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official FALMER WEBCAM Merged Threads

johnnyrocketpants

Mar 7, 2009
Uni building going........

.....gone!

Didn't quite see it all, maybe if the web-cam was in a slightly different position I would have.
At the end of the day, whilst it's nice to have a full time-lapse of the Stadium being built, won't it be a bit like the old 'Victoria to Brighton train run in 30 seconds' or whatever? If you've seen it once you've seen it a hundred times.
Speaking for myself, very greedily, I would rather see what is going on NOW.
Not yesterday, not last week or last month.
In short, I want to watch the rise of this club, and this Stadium, as it happens, and I don't want a back seat view.
Might sound a bit ungrateful I know, but I want to see ALL this Stadium being built, not just a bit of it.

*Awaits flak*

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
If the cam was in a different position, you may not have seen what looks like (but probably isn't) a shooting star at 1745.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
As someone had posted before, it's Marty McFly.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
God that crane is massive-looks like it could lift Selhurst and drop it in the Thames without moving:drool:

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
I had the pleasure of going on a site visit to Falmer about a month ago with the CIB. First time I stood on an Albion terrace since the old Goldstone North Stand.

Very interesting and the site is a lot bigger than I imagined, even though I drive past quite regularly.

Apparently Derek Chapman is there every day keeping a close eye on things, especially the quality of the concrete.

One of the top Buckinghams blokes on the project shares the same name as one of our "legends" from the 80's....initials SF. Got to be a good omen.

The thing that stuck in my mind was the constant mention by the Buckingham bloke guiding us round the site of how high quality the stadium will be. It may not be the biggest but they think it will be one of the best. This echoes what NJ has said about the stadium.

As it was a tour for builders / architects / surveyors (and I'm not one of them), most of the chat went over my head. But I got the impression that Bloom & co are constantly pushing Buckingham to keep within budget / time whilst also upping the quality. A smart technique to keep your suppliers on their toes and get the most for your money.

I personally love monitoring the progress being made and can't wait until the 1st game there.

:ascarf:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
There appear to be two little African kids, panhandling for something in one of the puddle. :(

To the left of this screen shot.

Attachments

• afro.jpg
    afro.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 595

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
With all the shenanigans over Slade and Coppell etc, I hope that we're not temporarily taking our eyes off the falmer build! NJ, Jackie Straw and others - any more updates or photos (soz -can't wait till Friday)? I suppose I could get off my lazy arse and go down to the site myself.....

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
middle, or is that end, temporary arch supports going down, time for more deliverys?

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
All this talk of managers has no one noticed they have started to assemble the middle section of the East stand roof truss?

The excitement!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
NJ what is the giant crane been doing this week. Can't really make it out from the angle of the cam (and that's not a dig).

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
It's been doing nothing, Gritt. It was just easier bringing it here from wherever it was, rather than take it all to Scotland (I think) then all the way back down here a few weeks later.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
That's because they are so poor-that Laura Collins woman has site access yet her pictures are awful-I mean, 5 guys in high viz coats! Sorry-but she is not very good. The unofficial ones from JS, Barry I and others are so much better..

And ours go "live" that very same day. Laura was there last week.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
NJ the video shows the arch being lifted and put in place in under 5 minutes, I appreciate that this is probably speeded up a touch, but do you know roughly how long it will take to lift into position once the lifting starts . Is it a matter of hours or more like weeks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here