Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official FALMER WEBCAM Merged Threads

NJ the video shows the arch being lifted and put in place in under 5 minutes, I appreciate that this is probably speeded up a touch, but do you know roughly how long it will take to lift into position once the lifting starts . Is it a matter of hours or more like weeks.

Certainly not hours. I think up to 2 weeks have been set aside for the assembly, as any strong winds and / or bad weather could mean delays.

Hopefully it will be inside that time frame though.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Certainly not hours. I think up to 2 weeks have been set aside for the assembly, as any strong winds and / or bad weather could mean delays.

Hopefully it will be inside that time frame though.

So it's not a "Tell us when it it's happening and we'll all be down there with our cameras" moment then?

I was planning on taking a day off to watch it all happen :US::laugh:

So it's not a "Tell us when it it's happening and we'll all be down there with our cameras" moment then?

I was planning on taking a day off to watch it all happen :US::laugh:

I suppose the first section being lifted (and held) into place will be a rather momentous occasion.

Having been recently briefed by Jack Straw and Barry Izbak on the Albions recent history, perhaps I'll have a tear in my eye at the time too :cry:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I suppose the first section being lifted (and held) into place will be a rather momentous occasion.

Having been recently briefed by Jack Straw and Barry Izbak on the Albions recent history, perhaps I'll have a tear in my eye at the time too :cry:

So that might be a worthwhile moment then? That's the arch-not seeing you cry. Any chance of a day or two's notice for that please? :thumbsup: Thanks.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
NJ, how long do you and your co-workers get off for Xmas and New Year?
Just wondering cos I'm overseas during this period and I'm not looking forward to coming back to 2 weeks worth of webcam images to collect.

NJ, how long do you and your co-workers get off for Xmas and New Year?
Just wondering cos I'm overseas during this period and I'm not looking forward to coming back to 2 weeks worth of webcam images to collect.

:shrug: Hasn't been announced yet. Most of the Buckingham workforce will be off for 2 full weeks, but I wouldn't be surprised if it changed by a few days and some work continued for a day or 2 at either end.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Nothing, it's waiting for the arch to be lifted.

As it completed the last job before time, it was either take it back to Inverness and wait or bring it in early.

Just out of interest NJ, why in that case does it seem to move to different positions every now and then?

Site photos

Sadly, the camera has decided to play up today, so 1/2 of the recent photos taken today have disappeared. I'll re-do them asap

Here's some to wet your appetite anyway, apologies for the poor light as it was getting gloomy when I took them.

No more uni buildings.jpg

under east stand 4.jpg

View attachment 12870

under east stand 3.jpg

Attachments

• North East Thrust Phase III.jpg
    North East Thrust Phase III.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 416

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
mmmmmm, blockwork :drool:

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
thanks natterjack, two questions

whats the tarmac going down for at the north end of the stadium?

and under the east stand where those blocks are going, im assuming that be the layout of the shops etc?

thanks natterjack, two questions

whats the tarmac going down for at the north end of the stadium?

and under the east stand where those blocks are going, im assuming that be the layout of the shops etc?

It's not fresh tarmac, it's the darker stone from beneath the tennis courts being re-used as a road-base for the new widened rail access.

The blocks are indeed forming the toilets, shops, etc.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
It's not fresh tarmac, it's the darker stone from beneath the tennis courts being re-used as a road-base for the new widened rail access.

That's nice, an environmentally friendly stadium with recycled materials. Do the good folks of Falmer Village know what they wanted stopped? Shame on them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here