Official FALMER WEBCAM Merged Threads

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
What are they making in front of the East Stand?

I think that the temporary support for the east stand roof truss, on ein each of those holes in the stand?
Natterjack?

I think that the temporary support for the east stand roof truss, on ein each of those holes in the stand?
Natterjack?

No, the steels you see being put together on the pitch are temporary supports which will hold the roof truss in place while it is being put together (initially on the pitch - before it is lifted into place)

If you can imagine the roof truss as one great curved structure, these are the supports which will keep it in shape before it is lifted. It's got nothing to do with the other temporary support columns which will be brought in later.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
No, the steels you see being put together on the pitch are temporary supports which will hold the roof truss in place while it is being put together (initially on the pitch - before it is lifted into place)

If you can imagine the roof truss as one great curved structure, these are the supports which will keep it in shape before it is lifted. It's got nothing to do with the other temporary support columns which will be brought in later.

Ok i see. So i guess that means that will happen fairly soon then? Thank you nj

Site photographs

North East Thrust block - main shear key

North East Thrust Block.jpg

East Stand Ground Floor Slab
East Stand GF Slab 1.jpg

East Stand GF Slab 2.jpg

1st Uni building to go
uni buildings.jpg

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
That's it, what we really need a floating webcam, get one of those blimps they have at cricket, they wont be needed until May/June next year.

Thanks for the photos NJ

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Thanks Natterjack - superb pictures.
Cheered up my day those have.

I do hope those thrust blocks are in the right place :p

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
The webcam is actually making me depressed.

I have spent all day in Walsall and it is pissing it down. It has been all day since I arrived at my place of work at 8am. It is also pissing it down in Wolverhampton where I live.

I look at the bloody webcam and it is nice and sunny.

tsk.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Well we finally have the answer as to why the webcam is where it is.

Maybe a longer pole and a extra bit of wire is in order?:fishing:
Project Office certainly put you in your place :wink:

Perhaps wording your rant better might help.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Project Office certainly put you in your place :wink:

Perhaps wording your rant better might help.
I don't think I have been out in my place. When you put someone in their place, it's probably best not to start with something along the lines of "If you asked a question ion your first thread we would have answered it" when a question was clearly asked and not answered.

All they've done is said what they should have said ages ago, when the questions about the web cam started.

It easy to say people are telling them the time laspe is a great idea, but I would like to know if those same people would be saying the same thing now when they can see f*** all off the main stand going up.

So I would'nt say I've been put in my place, far from it, I've just got the answer so many wanted. As I said to them, its a shame it took a rant to get them to explain the situation.

And before anyone says it, I know they don't they don't have to explain themselves, but if they have a "Ask the Project team thread" I think its only right they do answer peoples questions, and not ignore or fob them off, which up until now on this issue, they have been.
:falmer::falmer::falmer:

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I think they've got the hump and cut it off.

Either that or they're preparing for when the clocks change next week, when it'll be dark not long after 3 anyway.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
That first photo is one of the most dramatic I've seen.
Great stuff NJ.
Thanks for helping to cheer the lads to victory on Tuesday.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
That is one mahoosive monkey frame there, Mr NJ.

Just thought I'd try to blow up the last webcam image of today (# 2935). This is the result (yes, I know it's big)

15oct09cam.jpg

Tomorrow is Friday, and we all now what happens on Fridays! :falmer::falmer:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here