Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official FALMER WEBCAM Merged Threads

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I love the fact that the residents of Falmer have to look at this beautiful erection EVERY SINGLE TIME THEY LEAVE THEIR VILLAGE

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Not to mention every time they get back.

Yoda

English & European
Guess the web cam is going t be just a 4 month wonder then,:rolleyes:
Once the south stand is up there will be nothing to see.

I Understand they wanted a fixed camera so a time line of the whole construction could be made, but in this case its been very poorly sited as it is not going to fulfill the role.

Will they switch it off once the south stand is complete i wonder ?

Personally, atop of one of the porta-cabins would have been the best spot.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I love the concrete maze in the foreground. Hampton Court in concrete, I never knew we were going to do that, but it looks fun. That has to be the away end, what fun that they have a maze to make their way through to find the turnstiles.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Personally, atop of one of the porta-cabins would have been the best spot.
I've just asked a question, as they don't
seem to have been too bright as far as the webcams concerned :hilton:

With regards to previous answers, it appears you are committed to keeping the webcam where it is, but a lot of people are concerned when the South Stand is up (Which looks like it won't be long now) the view of the rest of the ground will be obstructed. Despite requests, it would appear there are no plans for a 2nd webcam so what will happen after the South Stand Steels are up?

I know the club want to leave the cam where it is produce a complete video of the build, but what will be the point when half of it will be obstructed shortly.

The original placing of the cam is obviously to low, so how about raising it a meter or two a day for the next couple weeks, so we will be able to see the whole stadium from higher up, and the clubs video will be worth viewing after the south stand is up. Raising it a meter a day will not break the time lapse scenes, and it will keep us fans interested.

Just a thought!

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
hang on - where have the uni buildings gone?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Two huge skips at the North West corner up agasinst the fencing. Assume that where they dump all the stuff the diggers on the other side of the fence are working on?

Plus down at the far end of the East stand it looks like another framework of steel rods. I wonder if that's the thrust block thing for the other end of the roof?

And when will the terrace be finished? Tomorrow maybe

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Plus down at the far end of the East stand it looks like another framework of steel rods. I wonder if that's the thrust block thing for the other end of the roof?

I think Jack Straw had some photos of that either last friday or the one before

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Cricky I have just realised how many trees have disappeared since since Monday. Zoom in just to the right of the University building and compare Friday to today

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
I've just asked a question, as they don't
seem to have been too bright as far as the webcams concerned :hilton:

With regards to previous answers, it appears you are committed to keeping the webcam where it is, but a lot of people are concerned when the South Stand is up (Which looks like it won't be long now) the view of the rest of the ground will be obstructed. Despite requests, it would appear there are no plans for a 2nd webcam so what will happen after the South Stand Steels are up?

I know the club want to leave the cam where it is produce a complete video of the build, but what will be the point when half of it will be obstructed shortly.

The original placing of the cam is obviously to low, so how about raising it a meter or two a day for the next couple weeks, so we will be able to see the whole stadium from higher up, and the clubs video will be worth viewing after the south stand is up. Raising it a meter a day will not break the time lapse scenes, and it will keep us fans interested.

Just a thought!

I agree with what you say here. Even a straight cut from one view to another in the time lapse video would be acceptable IMO.

The club is being a bit 'scratchy' on this topic. They have obviously shelled out a serious amount of money for a premium webcam service - if you saw the crap cams used for the Wembley Stadium build you would understand that ours is top of the range. They see it as a facility generously provided for the supporters for which we are of course grateful. But repeated calls to move it or install another one or two or three webcams are I suspect not being too well received. They remain convinced that there will be decent views throughout the build in its present location, but I dont see how this can possibly be. In November the Great East Stand Roof Truss will be joining up with the Mammoth Thrust Wall. We'll see how the views look then.

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
I see that between the nearest two vomitories the concrete steps cast in situ have finally met up with the lowest of the pcc steps. It's been a long journey.

I wonder if Row S or T (I guess) will have exactly the same legroom as all the others or will it be a centimetre or two out. Rows S and T could be ones to avoid when buying a season ticket!

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
On the webcam issue it looks like the current one is positioned in the gap between the East and South Stands, so all the while the stadium is unclad then there won't be a problem with seeing construction of the North and West stands - and I suspect that putting the cladding on the corners isn't something that'll get done very soon.

The South Stand looks very odd at the moment, really shows what a curved surface the overall roof will eventually have!

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
The South Stand looks very odd at the moment, really shows what a curved surface the overall roof will eventually have![/QUOTE]

It's really taking shape now. The south stand is coming along very quickly and is starting to look more like the architects drawings every day....

Attachments

• FALMER SOUTH.JPG
    FALMER SOUTH.JPG
    157 KB · Views: 268

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
That South Stand-it looks to be an awfully big structure for only a couple of thousand of away fans.

Last edited:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
That South Stand-it looks to an awfully big structure for only a couple of thousand of away fans.

Almost entirely down to the overall roof I should imagine - don't forget that the West Stand is going to be feckin' ENORMOUS!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here