Official FALMER WEBCAM Merged Threads

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
12.30 pic.

Sit down at the front

Last edited:

The concrete walls popping up all over the South stand base are getting pretty complex now. Will these eventually be buried in some way or are they actually walls that will be down in the bowels of the stand eventually? Anyone know - it's certainly looking a little maze-like at the mo.

The wall nearest the web cam is the outside perimeter of the south stand. The top of that wall is roughly the slab / concourse level.

In the front (just out of shot due to the other walls) is the actual flank wall for the south terrace. It's all covered up now as they're pouring the concrete today - but i'll get a picture of it next week and post it up.

Jeep

Aug 1, 2003
I had a peep at the site after the match yesterday. I can confirm it really exists - it is not just a bit of webcam trickery. Its also even more exciting to see the feal thing rather than loads of pics etc.
Can wait for Aug 2011 - Must tell the kids we aren't going away that summer!

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
I had a peep at the site after the match yesterday. I can confirm it really exists - it is not just a bit of webcam trickery. Its also even more exciting to see the feal thing rather than loads of pics etc.
Can wait for Aug 2011 - Must tell the kids we aren't going away that summer!

I had a peep before the match yesterday and agree with you that it looks superb.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I am watching with interest. They are approaching the point where we will see if the surveyor got his Pythagoras theory correct.
Will there be a short step when the cast steps reach the precast steps or will they have to make the join step a bit higher?
Will the measurement work out so that the step at the entrance to the vomitorium is correct? punish:

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
... Join us after the break.

The wall nearest the web cam is the outside perimeter of the south stand. The top of that wall is roughly the slab / concourse level.

In the front (just out of shot due to the other walls) is the actual flank wall for the south terrace. It's all covered up now as they're pouring the concrete today - but i'll get a picture of it next week and post it up.

As promised, photo's of recently poured south stand retaining walls that are hidden from the web-cam. 2nd photo is the side of south stand with the rebar in place for the terrace steps:-

south stand SE thrust block 2.jpg

south stand SE thrust block 1.jpg

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Natterjack, great photos.

Can you tell me whether the south stand will be constructed in a similar way to the East, with the lower part of the terracing being cast on site and the higher section being precast concrete? The stand looks like it might be quite low otherwise?

Natterjack, great photos.

Can you tell me whether the south stand will be constructed in a similar way to the East, with the lower part of the terracing being cast on site and the higher section being precast concrete? The stand looks like it might be quite low otherwise?

South Stand is all in-situ - up to 27 rows cast on site as per lower section of east stand.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
South Stand is all in-situ - up to 27 rows cast on site as per lower section of east stand.

Thank you very much.

Am I right in saying the South stand is shaped like the picture below? So the retaining walls in your photos are where i've marked red?

Attachments

• south stand.JPG
    south stand.JPG
    13.6 KB · Views: 288

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

So does that mean there WILL be 27 rows, or there might only be 26, 25 or even only 12 rows depending on whose turn it is on the ruler-rota?

:jester:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
And another thing, just what was occurring at 9.30 this morning? There's no image for it.

Was it a XXX occasion?

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Went through Huddersfield on the train yesterday. What a great stadium. Fantastic contrast with the stone pennine architecture through the valleys. Gave me even more enthusiasm for Falmer and for the amazing job Martin Perry has done :bowdown:(if you didn't know - he built the McAlpine (now Galpharm). He rarely gets the accolades that Dick does but he and Bob Pinnock were also in the team that saved the Albion in 97 and beyond.

PG

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
gone pretty quiet for 2 days, they giving up on the steps?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here