Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official FALMER WEBCAM Merged Threads

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
It looks like the daily ration of concrete was used for the west thrust block. I don't think we are going to see too much of the south stand going up unless they set up another camera.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
South Stand is all in-situ - up to 27 rows cast on site as per lower section of east stand.

how is the terrace shuttering held in place as each step is poured ?

There is quite a few tons of concrete per step onto a sloping surface which in addition to it own weight exerts a lot of of force onto the shuttering , yet i does not appear to be fixed mechanically each time, it just down to friction ??

how is the terrace shuttering held in place as each step is poured ?

There is quite a few tons of concrete per step onto a sloping surface which in addition to it own weight exerts a lot of of force onto the shuttering , yet i does not appear to be fixed mechanically each time, it just down to friction ??

See detail in pic.

Shutter is drilled and fixed at 'A' with an adjustment plate adjacent for support / level alignment. An arm is extended over the step and onto the slope in front to support in the other direction.

terrace detail.jpg

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
Today has got to be the most boring day yet. Fiddling around endlessly with the thrust wall blocks, all ready for another step on the east stand terrace, but no pug, and at 2.30pm not a single bugger visible on the site. Has the club defaulted on a stage payment d'you think?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Today has got to be the most boring day yet. Fiddling around endlessly with the thrust wall blocks, all ready for another step on the east stand terrace, but no pug, and at 2.30pm not a single bugger visible on the site. Has the club defaulted on a stage payment d'you think?

Well your a ray of sunshine ain't you.

:jester:

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Looks like they are digging up the foundation thingys for the South stand steel work? I think it was installed ages ago and has been buried since.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here