Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official FALMER WEBCAM Merged Threads

Out of interest NJ... There's understandably been a lot of talk about how many more people will come to the footy when we're playing in a decent stadium. How do you think it will affect attendances? What's happened at Swansea? (and how much of that is because they're in the championship?) Would be awful to have 12000 empty seats every match. Some people are being wildly optimistic, some wildly pessimistic, and I don't know what to think.

When we had ours, we were in L1 (having just got up from L2). Our crowds went from 5-7k up to 14k. With a whole new 'match day experience' available a great percentage of the newcomers were children who were now able to see something!

From my experience of Withdean, I'd say you've got a lot more to gain than we did ???

It's all about momentum though, and winning on the field does help. Success breeds success and the key to it is to get the 'ball rolling' on the feild at the same time - it's happened at Swansea and I see far more potential here if I'm brutally honest.

Exciting times ahead for you lot, thats for sure :thumbsup:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Thanks for taking the time to post that drawing natterjack, very insightful and much appreciated. :clap:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Is that more of the precast terracing on the red and blue trailers ?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
It would make far more sense as the camera would be a lot higher.

There are also camera gantries at the North and South Stands so you'll still get to wave at the camera's in the posh seats :thumbsup:

Also the sun would always be behind the stand so the cameras wouldn't be looking into the sun. This is probably why the main stand is on the west side.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
NJ, I can't remember whether you've been asked, or said, before.

How long will you personally be working at the site? Through to completion, until the stands are completely built, all steelwork erected?
Or until your bosses find out just how much time you're spending on NSC?

NJ, I can't remember whether you've been asked, or said, before.

How long will you personally be working at the site? Through to completion, until the stands are completely built, all steelwork erected?

Hopefully 12-18 months. It's difficult leaving the family at 3:30 every Monday, but in the current economic climate you've got to do whatever is needed.

We'll just have to see how my relationship goes at home once the football season starts and I'm following the Swans. Some women are very touchy when your away all week and then disappear on a Saturday :drink::whisky:

Natterjack,

Will there be any need for bricklayer's on site? and if so what would be the best way to go about getting involved?

There will be. Contract not awarded to anyone yet though - remind me in a week or two and i'll check again

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Just don't mention the fact that you are manking hundreds of men very happy whilst you are away, she may not understand :lol:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here