Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official FALMER WEBCAM Merged Threads

North East Dogs Head

Pics as promised.

The outline of the concrete is set out on the deck with timbers, you will see the timber shutter to the underside being set out. The main steel beam through the middle (hedge cutter) is what we took all weekend to place.

As soon as the timber shutters are placed to the underside the remaining steel will be fixed prior to concreting the first lower section.

NE Dogs head 1.jpg

NE Dogs head 2.jpg

NE Dogs head 3.jpg

NE Dogs head 4.jpg

View from NE Dogs head

A few shots taken from different angles

The first is the proposed widened railway concourse area.
Railway access.jpg

This one is the West Stand area. Where you can see the man with the green coat on, this is roughly the ground level. When the area is cleared the lower basement can then be excavated.
west stand area from NE Dogs head.jpg

East Stand temp. columns looking Southwards.
East stand temp supports.jpg

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
superb pics natterjack, thanks!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Cheers NJ :clap:

I was driving past earlier so stopped for a walk round. The chalk excavation it's going pretty quickly, they've got 6 of those massive dump trucks going backwards and forwards. You can get a better sense of where the West stand is going to be now the uni buildings have gone, there's a well placed gap in the fence in front of Ringmer house which is dead opposite the East stand. Once the West stand goes up I imagine it will look very imposing. The roof arch is bloody massive, you don't get a sense of how big it is on the webcam.

Pure guesswoek from me but I'd imagine once the excavation is finished it will shoot out of the ground very quickly

webbyson

Pre & Post..*Gullsworth*
Jul 26, 2004
Mudhut
Are the Square holes in the blockwork in the East Stand windows? If so is there excecutive boxes behind these windows or restaurants/bars? sorry if the answer is obvious but i cant work it out!!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Re windows - take a look here - http://www.brighton-and-hove.co.uk/

"Cross section c-c" and "First Floor Plan" images both seem to indicate that it is just open space behind the windows. Click on the image to see a slightly larger version, click on the "Link to drawing on planning portal " to download the full size drawing (quite a big file) from the planning website at the council.

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
Thanks again NJ.

Hope you have pinpointed the distance and elevations correctly, the margin for error must be minute; it would really suck if the arch didn't fit!

webbyson

Pre & Post..*Gullsworth*
Jul 26, 2004
Mudhut
Re windows - take a look here - http://www.brighton-and-hove.co.uk/

"Cross section c-c" and "First Floor Plan" images both seem to indicate that it is just open space behind the windows. Click on the image to see a slightly larger version, click on the "Link to drawing on planning portal " to download the full size drawing (quite a big file) from the planning website at the council.
cheers TRHK :thumbsup:I will also ask the Falmer Project Team to see if anything has been finalised

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Love the last pic,thats me new desk top pic for a while.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
How do they get them little cranes up there in the last pic?.Do they crane em up??or can they fly!

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
This is probably a very stupid question, but nonetheless I shall ask.
Since the arch requires temporary support when installed, then that implies that it can't hold itself up.
So... how can it hold the roof up when the temporary support is removed ?
Does the roof hold the arch up ? and if so what is the purpose of the arch ?
I'm sure the answer is very simple, but the logic defies me for now

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here