Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official FALMER WEBCAM Merged Threads

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Went up there yesterday and the amount of earth they are moving into the opposite field is crazy. A constant fleet of trucks.

Starting to take more shape now!! :thumbsup:

And you didn't take a photo? Shame on you

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
From this morning's cam views it looks like they are cracking on with the South Stand Dogs Head Dogs Bollocks or whatever its called. :clap: I wonder how they are getting on with the North Stand Dogs - NJ? Also, does anyone know when the two temporary pillars are going up on the East Stand (the ones that hold up the arch while its being put up)?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
The 'South Stand' doesn't look at right angles to the 'East Stand'. :eek: Is this just due to the camera angle?

No, it's due to you having a bent monitor.

Don't worry, everything is fine and dandy. Just check Jack Straws photos tomorrow.

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
I think NJ said that the temoprary pillars were happening this week. But I would imagine that this has not been a very productive week due to weather. Can't see any progress on the third section of the arch, possibly due to wind conditions. Reports of major excavation work on west side will hopefully be confirmed by JS tomorrow. Can't wait.

I wonder how they are getting on with the North Stand Dogs - NJ? Also, does anyone know when the two temporary pillars are going up on the East Stand (the ones that hold up the arch while its being put up)?

North Stand Thrust wall completed, working on Dogs head weekend / next week. I'll try and post a pic or 2 later if I get a chance.

Temporary pillars are on site - steel erectors are concentrating on getting the 3rd arch section completed before they put in place

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Well there certainly has been progress on the third section today EG

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
Well there certainly has been progress on the third section today EG

Unbelievable. There was no apparent progress mid-morning, but it's popped into full view in the last three hours. Temporary supports going in tomorrow perhaps? Plus Jack Straw. This is all too distracting - I've got a living to earn.

NE Thrust wall pics

As promised:-

The openings in the wall are for future access to floor levels either side of wall. The 'L' shaped brackets being placed are for the temporary access platform needed to complete 'Dogs Head'.

BTW, the ground floor to first floor section has been temporarily filled over to allow form-work, so the actual wall height is around 5m higher than the pictures show.

NE Thrust wall 1.jpg

NE Thrust wall 2.jpg

NE Thrust wall 3.jpg

Last edited:

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Natterjack,

"The openings in the wall are for future access to floor levels either side of wall."

Do you mean that if they decided to fill in the corners of the stadium with exta seating these access points would be for fans to get to the walkways where the food and drink venders are?

Natterjack,

"The openings in the wall are for future access to floor levels either side of wall."

Do you mean that if they decided to fill in the corners of the stadium with exta seating these access points would be for fans to get to the walkways where the food and drink venders are?

The floor slab areas for the North Stand are both sides of the wall. Though not greatly on the eastern side due to the curved shape of the stadium. Nothing to do with any further expansion plans as far as I know

Last edited:

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
North Stand Thrust wall completed, working on Dogs head weekend / next week. I'll try and post a pic or 2 later if I get a chance.

Temporary pillars are on site - steel erectors are concentrating on getting the 3rd arch section completed before they put in place

Thanks NJ. And the pics are great as well. :thumbsup:

Ronnie

Jan 6, 2009
The Herb Garden
Can anyone point me in the right place or provide the link.
I saw a video, I assume produced by Buckingham's, showing how the arches are put into place. Can anyone help.Thanks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here