Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official FALMER WEBCAM Merged Threads

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
He stands up most of the time anyway. He just needs one of those foldy-up chairs that can be put away when he doesn't need it.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Disabled seating in North stand now going in - just the raised areas in the south to go.

So after the last few disbaled seats, I'm assuming the only visible big additions will be:

spraying the tarmac blue (this week?)
the screens (late june?)
last rows of seats near the screens (late june?)
then the goals and markings in July

wowee

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
i wonder when the racing type seats are in for the subs bench, there so cool! :p

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Anyone know what the black bits are in the middle of the west stand, does'nt seem to be seating.

Probably the reporters area - tables?

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
Disabled seating in North stand now going in - just the raised areas in the south to go.

So after the last few disbaled seats, I'm assuming the only visible big additions will be:

spraying the tarmac blue (this week?)
the screens (late june?)
last rows of seats near the screens (late june?)
then the goals and markings in July

wowee

Is that how long it will take to put the screens in :( Whats the date of the sussex senior cup final?? Or whatever its called?

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Looks better and better with each viewing - even when the webcam is stuck.

But it would be great if we could clad those corner sections, where the metalwork is currently exposed. I get the impression this isn't going to happen, although on the drawings etc it was shown as horizontal grey cladding, which looked very smart indeed.

I know, I know, it's a tiny niggle. But with everything else looking so amazing, those corners do stand out. Anyone know if the cladding is going to happen?

Stevegull

Sep 9, 2005
Lewes
A workman that kindly gave me a tour said the areas around the south stand that are uncladded are staying like that. I have asked insider but no answer as yet. The south east side is also unclad as is a big rectangle in the middle of the stand behind the seats.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
So, apart from those that are going to be sitting right underneath the big screen, it now looks as though the only person who doesn't have a seat is Gus!

There's still some seating to be completed in the West Stand Lower - the southernmost block at the back - seems to be three or four rows to do as the seating rails are there.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Anyone know what the black bits are in the middle of the west stand, does'nt seem to be seating.

Its the press area so they are probably tables with various communication connections I would think.

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
Its the press area so they are probably tables with various communication connections I would think.

Are you sure? I thought the press area was the walled off area at the front of the West Stand Upper. Could they have something to do with special seating for directors and VIP guests of home and away teams?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Are you sure? I thought the press area was the walled off area at the front of the West Stand Upper. Could they have something to do with special seating for directors and VIP guests of home and away teams?

I have that pegged as the TV gantry.

I could be wrong though. it has been known.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Looks better and better with each viewing - even when the webcam is stuck.

But it would be great if we could clad those corner sections, where the metalwork is currently exposed. I get the impression this isn't going to happen, although on the drawings etc it was shown as horizontal grey cladding, which looked very smart indeed.

I know, I know, it's a tiny niggle. But with everything else looking so amazing, those corners do stand out. Anyone know if the cladding is going to happen?

same question from me. That south east framework does look unfinished, I hope it is to be cladded

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here